Convex

Seems to happen often over weekends for me. My ping to Europe ( France, Germany, Ireland) are around 170-180ms. But when i test England, where my games server is hosted. I'm getting over 300ms.

And when i send this through to Axxess support via ticket cause they never answer there phones, the call center agent tells me, when this happens. I must plug a ethernet cable directly into the black box and run a speed test and send the results....

thewusman

Expert Member
Just a short update on my migration to Cool Ideas.

Other than Vox screwing up and not releasing the ONT back to FrogFoot on 1 December (requiring numerous calls to shout at them) It's miraculous.

Everything just works.

Haven't had a single disconnect since going live on 2 December

Pings average around 17ms to CT and all protocols fly.

From what I can deduce there was heavy shaping on some protocols on VOX even on their supposedly "pro" packages, IPTV being the most severely impacted.

I am seeing 200/200 with 160ms latency to Coreix in London.

/should have moved ages ago.

@PBCool you guys are the shizz.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I don't see any notice on FF's site, so let's hope their monitoring server will pick up on this soon

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Really gatvol of Frogfoot. I'll be running down my installation period and cutting over to Vumatel at a slightly higher price than what I currently pay. The next 6 months better fly.
I was down probably 5 or 6 times on ADSL through Telkom (using Webafrica for data) over an 8 year period...that was beaten within a week on Frogfoot!

barrytemp

I cannot wait to dump useless Afrihost And Frog Foot.
2 of 4 lights are on the Frog Foot connection.
Afrihost says that a technician is needed and there are none that work over the weekend on home lines.
I HATE FIBRE, GIVE ME BACK RELIABLE ADSL