Thanks for the feedback, who is supplying your fibre? I have MTN lines directly in front of my house, anyone on mtn fibre?

I'm not actually aware of anyone in PE getting MTN fibre. I'm not sure if they've even opened up applications for our city.

FTTH is definitely way better

/snip

The fibre connection is very reliable and doesn't get effected by any rain or anything (my VDSL line was impacted a lot by rain, etc) and as you can see I now get very close to what I pay for :D

I get full 40Mbps on my VDSL line, but I still desperately miss my fibre connection. The latency is just so much better. The speed I don't care much for.
 
Ummmm . anybody have any idea when fiber will be rolled out in the western suburbs . Morningside ? Or am I being a bit too optimistic here ?
 
I see no real changes in the FTTH map on Telkoms site.

Anyone have any ideas on the rollout into Newton Park?
 
I see they laying cables at the bottom of hilltop road in Lovemore Park
 
Almost 5 months since the map was updated judging from this thread :cry:

I noticed some buildings that are probably telkom mobile cell towers are connected(on the map), is this the norm?
I ask as my new flat has fibre connecting the cell towers on the roof (the mobile operators dug up the driveway a few times)

I noticed in South End/Humewood/Summerstrand the coverage is a lot of isolated flats/complexes
 
Well so much for Openserve getting my little block in Walmer active from 24 Dec. I see fibre workers in the area now - guess they're much further from being finished than I realised. :(
 
Cape Road after Moffet (Fernglen) seems to be getting ready for trench digging ... encouraging if so.
 
Openserve is busy digging and laying cables in Lovemore Heights at the moment.
 
Openserve is busy digging and laying cables in Lovemore Heights at the moment.

I love how they'd rather have really, really slow progress in a dozen areas all at once than focus on getting areas up quickly one by one. :erm:
 
I love how they'd rather have really, really slow progress in a dozen areas all at once than focus on getting areas up quickly one by one. :erm:

See a trench, wait 18 months: seems to be the motto for PE.
 
A few houses across the road from me just went dark purple on the Openserve map. Really hope that means I'm next.
 
It appears that the coverage map is out of date, I have a friend in Seaview who has fibre now but its not on the coverage map
 
It appears that the coverage map is out of date, I have a friend in Seaview who has fibre now but its not on the coverage map

Openserve fibre?

Thanks, I'll give Telkom a ring and see if my area is live already.
 
Hi guys, anyone know what's happening in Lorraine area? I see a few marked MTN fibre manholes, around Centenary Rd(for about 6months now) , but no updates on any websites... Is Fibre planned for Lorraine?

Cheers
 
Openserve is now digging in a big way at the corners of 6th Ave and Water Rd, just down from me. Guess there's quite a bit to do before they can connect my area up. Oh well. At least progress is greater than zero, which is more than most people can enjoy.

Hi guys, anyone know what's happening in Lorraine area? I see a few marked MTN fibre manholes, around Centenary Rd(for about 6months now) , but no updates on any websites... Is Fibre planned for Lorraine?

Cheers

I don't know a single person with MTN fibre in PE. Not sure what the heck they are doing with themselves.

Openserve (Telkom) fibre coverage:
http://www.openserve.co.za/open/fibre/

Yup, they were given a 2 month trial, I think it was 100mbit with 100gb data

Well I hope they ditch that connection after the trial. Telkom Internet has absolutely atrocious value for money compared to what they can get elsewhere.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X