Does anyone know what DFA's plans are in terms of what providers can make use of their infrastructure? I know they only do dark fibre but I have a DFA manhole and sealed up trench running past my house so would like to know if there's a provider that could make use of it? This is in Central.
 
Contacted Afrihost's social media team and they say you can use Afrihost data via an MTN FTTH line, they say it unofficially works :D And I think MTN is the same download and upload speed :D
 
Last edited:
Contacted Afrihost's social media team and they say you can use Afrihost data via an MTN FTTH line, they say it unofficially works :D And I think MTN is the same download and upload speed :D

Will MTN sell you just a line though? Pretty awesome that it works.

I still prefer being on Telkom's FTTH network. I like the freedom to use any ISP. I mean I've already moved to CW because my Afrihost performance was pretty crap last month.
 
Will MTN sell you just a line though? Pretty awesome that it works.

I still prefer being on Telkom's FTTH network. I like the freedom to use any ISP. I mean I've already moved to CW because my Afrihost performance was pretty crap last month.
Have been waiting way too long for telkom to install ftth in the upper part of my road (bottom half already has telkom ftth).

Doesn't look like you can purchase just a line and the cheapest data package to get is 20gb @ R90 pm.

My Afrihost account performed well last month, what sort of issues did you have?
 
Have been waiting way too long for telkom to install ftth in the upper part of my road (bottom half already has telkom ftth).

Doesn't look like you can purchase just a line and the cheapest data package to get is 20gb @ R90 pm.

My Afrihost account performed well last month, what sort of issues did you have?

I didn't see other users reporting the same issues I was having. Must have been some combination of PE and fibre causing the issue. For over a week I was having an insane number of disconnects per day, particularly between 4pm and 9pm. And streaming was terrible. It was so bad I used up my 10GB ISPAfrika account, free 1GB WA account and burned through two prepaid accounts I had to buy from cappedadsl.co.za. Although the frequent disconnects had stopped by the end of the month, streaming still wasn't great (on the TV - Youtube, Twitch etc. were fine on PCs).
 
Ok so we found a place in Lovemore Park. We in Hilltop road and if the FTTH coverage map is anything to go by we are like literally a 100M or so down the road from where it is currently available. We in the Lovemore Park Complex.

So who would I contact to find out if it is already available etc?

X is where we are.

bad4917e02bb2c6e8a37c6a530dfda89.jpg
 
Ok so we found a place in Lovemore Park. We in Hilltop road and if the FTTH coverage map is anything to go by we are like literally a 100M or so down the road from where it is currently available. We in the Lovemore Park Complex.

So who would I contact to find out if it is already available etc?

X is where we are.

bad4917e02bb2c6e8a37c6a530dfda89.jpg

If it was already available the map would probably reflect that. Having fibre nearby doesn't at all mean you're next to get it, especially where complexes are concerned. But it's a lot better than not having any fibre nearby.

@MickeyD might have info about fibre plans in your area.
 
Telkom's Q1 planning has not been released by the relevant executives yet... until then they cannot update the maps. Delays caused by people (including executives) leaving the company!!

The planning itself is done...

Do you know if this issue has been sorted out yet?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X