Huawei Mate 20

I have a small issue with my phone. Will see if I can get a picture of the issue later when I get home

Just left of the selfie camera it always looks like there is a "smudge" mark on the phone, always thought it was strange that the smudge would occur on that spot. After taking it to a shop just to see what is going on it's actually the screen that is coming loose, almost creating a "bubble" but looks like a smudge mark. So "wiping" it away was actually putting pressure on it and then it looks fine for a while, but it slowly pulls away and then the "smudge" appears. Was like this from the beginning

BOE screen and not LG

Wonder if it will be a swap out or fix?

jman

Expert Member
I have a small issue with my phone. Will see if I can get a picture of the issue later when I get home

Just left of the selfie camera it always looks like there is a "smudge" mark on the phone, always thought it was strange that the smudge would occur on that spot. After taking it to a shop just to see what is going on it's actually the screen that is coming loose, almost creating a "bubble" but looks like a smudge mark. So "wiping" it away was actually putting pressure on it and then it looks fine for a while, but it slowly pulls away and then the "smudge" appears. Was like this from the beginning

BOE screen and not LG

Wonder if it will be a swap out or fix?
I'd get it checked out. Surely @Huawei can help?

There doesn't seem to be much being said about how far ahead Huawei have been vs. Samsung on the PC UI front.

I see Samsung added the DeX Cable support in the Note9, when this was a feature Huawei had a whole year before with the Mate 10 Pro.

With the Mate 20 Pro we have Easy Projection (Wireless Projection via Miracast) of the Desktop UI meaning you don't need any cables or a dock, as long as you have a TV that supports Miracast.

YouTuber J.Wiliams did a great job of highlighting this feature with his Mate20X review:
Watch from 6:09 for Desktop UI

XDA Developers also covered this showing it with a cable to:

There doesn't seem to be much being said about how far ahead Huawei have been vs. Samsung on the PC UI front.

I see Samsung added the DeX Cable support in the Note9, when this was a feature Huawei had a whole year before with the Mate 10 Pro.

With the Mate 20 Pro we have Easy Projection (Wireless Projection via Miracast) of the Desktop UI meaning you don't need any cables or a dock, as long as you have a TV that supports Miracast.

YouTuber J.Wiliams did a great job of highlighting this feature with his Mate20X review:
Watch from 6:09 for Desktop UI

XDA Developers also covered this showing it with a cable to:
Mine is unusable on my Mate 20 Pro.
The mouse movements are about 2 - 3 seconds behind, making it a nightmare to try and do anything, they need to sort that lag out or else just another gimmick.

Mine is unusable on my Mate 20 Pro.
The mouse movements are about 2 - 3 seconds behind, making it a nightmare to try and do anything, they need to sort that lag out or else just another gimmick.
Haven't had much of an issue on mine. Is it your connection or maybe the device being faulty? I have found that at work depending on the router I am connected to can affect the speed.

Haven't had much of an issue on mine. Is it your connection or maybe the device being faulty? I have found that at work depending on the router I am connected to can affect the speed.
I've tried it on multiple devices, it's all the same, I don't connect through routers as it's a direct wifi connection to the devices
Tried Samsung and Hisense TV's, casting to pc's, all the same slow speed with the mouse movements. Bluetooth mouse the same as the "touchpad" on the screen

I've tried it on multiple devices, it's all the same, I don't connect through routers as it's a direct wifi connection to the devices
Tried Samsung and Hisense TV's, casting to pc's, all the same slow speed with the mouse movements. Bluetooth mouse the same as the "touchpad" on the screen
Will try see what the difference is with the TVs at work tomorrow when I am back in the office, I believe they are Samsung to.