Huawei Mate 20

Has everyone who applied for the watch on the promo and been accepted received their watch? I applied on the 10th of March, received confirmation that I was successful and that the promo team would get back to me but to date nothing. Trying to call their call center is shocking. Their call quality is so bad the calls literally cut and you hold on for hours to get through to someone who can asssist you. It’ll be a month tomorrow and still no watch. Incredibly disappointing service.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
The Mate 20 Pro will be amazing on EMUI9.1. Both the P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro are fast, but the P30 Pro just feels that bit more snappy and smooth, and each time I use the Mate 20 Pro I can tell that it's not quite as snappy as the P30 Pro, at first I thought it was due to the screen resolution but it is actually due to EMUI9.1 with its optimizations and particularly the new File System, where in 9.1 the phone just seems to be running a lot lighter on its feet.

I think EMUI9.1 will make the Mate 20 Pro the best deal as the P30 Pro still has that "new phone Premium" on its price tag.

Dolby

Honorary Master
The Mate 20 Pro will be amazing on EMUI9.1. Both the P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro are fast, but the P30 Pro just feels that bit more snappy and smooth, and each time I use the Mate 20 Pro I can tell that it's not quite as snappy as the P30 Pro, at first I thought it was due to the screen resolution but it is actually due to EMUI9.1 with its optimizations and particularly the new File System, where in 9.1 the phone just seems to be running a lot lighter on its feet.

I think EMUI9.1 will make the Mate 20 Pro the best deal as the P30 Pro still has that "new phone Premium" on its price tag.
Aside from that, I want the new Always On Display!

Badprop_za

Expert Member
Has everyone who applied for the watch on the promo and been accepted received their watch? I applied on the 10th of March, received confirmation that I was successful and that the promo team would get back to me but to date nothing. Trying to call their call center is shocking. Their call quality is so bad the calls literally cut and you hold on for hours to get through to someone who can asssist you. It’ll be a month tomorrow and still no watch. Incredibly disappointing service.
My wife received her last week. She applied mid March.
I applied a day later but I am also still waiting.

Hey all, I'm new to these parts. I've bought a mate 20 pro from Vodacom last year, I've got to say it's really a great phone with hardly any complaints. I've have been receiving regular updates since then until Jan 2019 update, but now it's been 3 months and I'm still sitting on that update. I've noticed that some users already have the March update. I have tried to force an update, all it says I'm up to date, which doesn't make sense to me. Screenshot_20190415_084908.jpg Anyone else here maybe sitting with the same issue?

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Hey all, I'm new to these parts. I've bought a mate 20 pro from Vodacom last year, I've got to say it's really a great phone with hardly any complaints. I've have been receiving regular updates since then until Jan 2019 update, but now it's been 3 months and I'm still sitting on that update. I've noticed that some users already have the March update. I have tried to force an update, all it says I'm up to date, which doesn't make sense to me. View attachment 645856 Anyone else here maybe sitting with the same issue?
Ja Vodacom is taking their time..... can't one take them to court seeing they are keeping our devices unsecured?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Has anyone been able to get "Hey Google" to unlock their Huawei phone? Mate 9 couldn't do it and Mate 20 Pro wont do it either.