bernardlinde

There's loads of apps available from the app store that'll sort most of these "problems". You all know you want one. Suur druiwe.

Oh and another BIG plus is, the interface is very quick. You don't have to wait for programs to open etc. it happens instantly.

That's what I said! We all want one. Ek rol maar net my oë vir my gunsteling rekenaarvervaardiger dat hulle hulle naam so kan krater maak - thinking, like one of the top cell phone companies that sells this "controversial" product, that they are always smarter than their customers.

The quick interface is indeed a big plus.

Last edited:

LancelotSA

Banned
you are getting a phone together with the best ipod that apple have made.

Now the truth comes out.... if you guys are buying this because it is a fancy iPod then fair enough! No further need to argue about whether it is the best phone out there!

one device with the best mobile browser.

Why is this? What does it have on the many browsers you can load on Symbian phones? Opera or opera mini if you so desire...

d0b33

Honorary Master
Now the truth comes out.... if you guys are buying this because it is a fancy iPod then fair enough! No further need to argue about whether it is the best phone out there!

Ding ding ding!

Apple's target audience are iPod users(or those who liked but never owned an ipod because it lacked phone features) why do people bash the iPhone when it serves it's purpose. :rolleyes:

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Um, Pooky, this forum would be a little boring and useless if people did not express their views.

You fanboys stick to your "official iPhone" thread and let us rip the piece of cr_p apart in this thread.... if you all promise to no longer mention how wonderful the iPhone is, we will refrain from trying to get to the bottom of whether it really is that wonderful a device. Deal?

+1

LancelotSA

Banned
Ding ding ding!

Apple's target audience are iPod users(or those who liked but never owned an ipod because it lacked phone features) why do people bash the iPhone when it serves it's purpose. :rolleyes:

Ding ding ding!

Because the whole point I was making was that everyone who now owns an iPhone has been singing its praises as the best phone on the market blah blah blah.... now if you all just admitted it was a fancy iPod then we could have avoided all this back and forth banter. ;)

Grimspoon

Executive Member
dob33, the iphone is designed for young Americans who have no clue about these features. They are happy with this phone, since most other mobiles in America suck! I am a Mac fan, but I'm not blind to Apple's mistakes which they keep on making since the beginning of their existence. They have no clue how the rest of the world operates. The iphone has the potential to be an awesome phone, but then Apple has to let go and let Europeans, South Africans and Asians determine features and specifications!

I have to agree with you there, Yanks dont really have a clue what a "real" cell phone can do, so they pretty happy with the iPhone...But give it to someone in SA who has half an idea of what the phones sold here can do, and you get, welll, threads like these ;) :D

Sputnik

Why is this? What does it have on the many browsers you can load on Symbian phones? Opera or opera mini if you so desire...

uhhh dude, just browse with it you'll see.

Sputnik

I have to agree with you there, Yanks dont really have a clue what a "real" cell phone can do, so they pretty happy with the iPhone...But give it to someone in SA who has half an idea of what the phones sold here can do, and you get, welll, threads like these ;) :D

and I suppose someone will start quoting Godwin's Law soon ;)

LancelotSA

Banned
uhhh dude, just browse with it you'll see.

I'm sorry no matter how hard you try I am not going to buy an iPhone, so why don't you rather just explain how your surfing experience is so much better than mine on my N95.

Sputnik

what do mean the truth comes out?

Steve Jobs said so himself at the Macworld Keynote 2007 announcing the original iphone

Sputnik

I'm sorry no matter how hard you try I am not going to buy an iPhone, so why don't you rather just explain how your surfing experience is so much better than mine on my N95.

actually I don't have an iphone but will get one once my contract allows me.

I have a touch and the internet experience is great.

I have a 10 mbit connection at home and will soon get synchronous 50 mbit.

Let me see, I can purchase music online on itms and actually purchase 100% of my mp3's
No mattter what you tell me no nokia, sony or whatever comes close.

I get round to doing a lot of my internet surfing shortly before sleeping in bed. That means I read tons of rss feeds on google reader. Watch stuff on you tube.

I can watch movies and actually have a lot of dvd's in h264 format. Recently on a flight to south africa I could let my daughter watch all her kiddies favorites.
I also have a connect for the ipod to my television.

shall I mention games?

Email client?

calendar?

don't forget the koi pond app.

imagine adding a phone to this.

Maybe go preach to the choirboys on the N95 forums, maybe they'll be more sympathetic to your situation.

LancelotSA

Banned
Ha ha ha Sputnik you clearly don't know much about the N95...

EDIT : By the way someone was also kind enough to post a link to the iPhone forums... bye bye

Sputnik

EDIT : By the way someone was also kind enough to post a link to the iPhone forums... bye bye

go find somebody that cares about your N95

troll...

Sputnik

typical usenet behaviour from days gone by; blaming cross posting to start flame baiting.