Latest Gumtree scammer

iReza

The fact is I genuinely want to sell my new iPhone 6 Plus and I don't know where to advertise it as all I get on gumtree is fake scammers which gumtree takes no responsibility to filter them.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
The fact is I genuinely want to sell my new iPhone 6 Plus and I don't know where to advertise it as all I get on gumtree is fake scammers which gumtree takes no responsibility to filter them.
But it's not on MyBB?

Papsak

I am really interested in buying this for my cousin as a surprise for him, only if you can assure me that everything is in order, I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it.It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore.So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment.
Note well: Pick up agent will come for the pick up as soon as I have made the payments, I would have loved to talk to you on the phone but I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to the inclement weather, and we can only communicate with our base for now. Thanks
This is still going around so thought I would update this thread. Thought it sounded plausable, but my BS radar was going off so did a bit of searching. Beware OLX and Gumtree sellers

lived666

Executive Member
what am I missing here? you login to your payfast account and you can see right away if payment has been made or not, so why the sudden interest in pretending to use payfast, weird:confused:

Sensorei

Executive Member
I have 4 close call scam attempts on Gumtree, but you really just have to look out for stolen cheque deposits, photoshopped proof of payment, fake money, and people who want to send their own courier to collect.

blowdart18

I have 4 close call scam attempts on Gumtree, but you really just have to look out for stolen cheque deposits, photoshopped proof of payment, fake money, and people who want to send their own courier to collect.
They love to use stolen cheque books, normally they will come and do a quote for parts then a couple of days later say that they have done an EFT.

We played along once . . . . Took all the old parts from the workshop, wrapped them up in boxes and had one of the guys come pick up the old rubbish.

After that we haven't had one for a while now.

Last edited:

maumau

Honorary Master
They love to use stolen cheque books, normally they will come and do a quote for parts then a couple of days later say that they have done an EFT.

We played along once . . . . Took all the old parts from the workshop, wrapped them up in boxes and had one of the guys come pick the old rubbish up.

After that we haven't had one for a while now.
Now this I like :)

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I played along with guy that even had its own courier site ,where you type in waybill number to track your parcel lol . He created the courier company site ,the courier company don't exist.

They getting really good lol

He wanted me to pay upfront as he did provide tracking number and it did show my parcel is on its way .

ZaheerD

Hi

I posted an advert for my Tab 3 and got a response similar to what you had... amazing!
Thanks for this post dj_jyno!!

The guy sms me to say his phone doesnt work and that i must email him only...
he acted interested, said its for his friend in Kempton Park
offered to pay R400 more delivery using PostNet...
when it came to payment he said... he cant do EFT as he is not onshore and his EFT not working... suggested PayFast
I then told him yesterday 21.11.2016 that I do not use Web methods like Payfast ... never heard of him since...

I sent him an email today so say im interested... oh my word!

he went by name: Johann Wynberg
email johannwynberg@gmail.com

his contact number given... +27613650995
johannwynberg@outlook.com

Guys please be aware of this con artist!!!

Last edited:

Taqyon

Same story with me - http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/856356-Gumtree-Fraud?p=18715636#post18715636

I'm going to get the other guys' address as well. Gumtree is such a dangerous place.
[Edit]

Name: Jeffrey
Address:10 Angus Court, kempton Road kempton park
State: Guateng
Cell Phone: 0719924412
Postal Code: 1619

Let me know once it's sent and please do send it via Courier guy or postnet aramex and make it a home delivery and over night shipping cuz he can't walk due to the accident he had ok

Last edited:

ZaheerD

Hi all

Please be careful, I am busy with this guy now and am waiting for his fake Payfast payment now...
so that I can re-post here with his new Physical details...

I had done the below:
1) I contacted Google (Gmail) and reported his email address to them as he is in contravention with Google's User content policy
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1253377?hl=en

2) I had contacted PayFast, Leezel and alerted her to this guys behaviour and sent her the email thread for their security team to investigate the new email addresses they using to process the FAKE payment

send your email thread to Leezel (ATT: Leezel Cyber Crime)... support@payfast.co.za

3) I further emailed Cyber crime reporting and explained this guy's behaviour
cybercrime.reporting@saps.gov.za

My perpertrators name is Johann Wynberg, uses johannwynberg@gmail.com and johannwynberg@outlook.com
+61 365 0995

Please guys ... be aware of this syndicate...

Also further note that I had confirmed with PayFast... if they say their Internet Banking is not working, then PayFast will not work!
PayFast works with Internet Banking!

Speak to PayFast, they are helpful ...and send emails to them always to check and verify.

Regards and Good Luck, lets catch these guys!
Zaheer

ZaheerD

Ok played along lol... his physical address is below:

Name: Lawrence Brandon
Address: 60 Huggett, kempton park
State: Guateng
Cell Phone: 063 850 6134
Postal Code: 1619

he even sent such real emails from what looks like a PayFast confirmation.... I called PayFast and they verified the email payment confirmations from him are not their email.

his email below:
Alright below here is the shipping details

Name Lawrence Brandon

Address No 60 Huggett street kempton park

State Gauteng

Postal Code 1619

Cell Number 0638506134

Please let me know as soon as it is sent and do not use the SA post office or Ram couriers or any courier i dont know as they have lost most of my valuable items so i dont trust them anymore. please use postnet services as i do trust their services. Make it a over night shipping and a home delivery because he cant walk due to accident.

Last edited:

Arksun

Expert Member
Why bother? Just ship them a brick and some other unsavory item
Well, if there is a shipping address, we can all band together, scour our back yards for dog **** and send that to him. Epic lols.