Latest Gumtree scammer

Hey guys, have another one. Anyone want to send him something nasty like a snake or something xD?

liamhoffman78@gmail.com

"Thanks for the response. I'm interested in buying this item for my cousin who resides in Kempton Park but can you assure me it's fine and send me some pics? I can make it R4300 including postage fee via UTI or postnet/Aramex with a home delivery."

willemdev

and again!

Alright i want it for my friend in Meyerspark but can you assure me it works fine and send me some pics? I can make it R3,400 including postage fee via Fedex/courier guy home deliver. get back to me asap

His cell number: 0781509619

gertvanjoe

I suspect another MO is underway happened to me. This could maybe be a genuine number but I think not. Someone called me speaking like they are in a hurry, enquiring about the STUFF you put on the Website. Then asks to call them back as they are almost out of airtime. Since it covers such a broad sweep I can easily see how people will fall for it. I suspect the dial back number would be premium rated

PhireSide

Executive Member
Not the exact same MO but I got scammed out of a few hundred by a Pieter Charel Rossouw last month.

Details:

Resides in 'Grahamstown'
Facebook Link
084 730 4872
073 671 5862

MO: Refuses to meet in person, wants to transact via eWallet, then claims he lost his eWallet PIN. School fees paid :(

Dtollz

Gumtree scam

I've recently had the same interaction with an interested buyer. Went by the name Cloete Grant, cloetegrant1222@gmail.
Wanted me to set up a Payfast account in order to transfer the funds, said he was buying it for a friend in Tsakane.

"Alright i want it or my friend in Tsakane but can you assure me it works fine and send me some pics?........etc etc"

Eventually called him out on his BS, so just beware of these guys.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
So I see this ad in Gumtree of fridge that somebody is selling. I contacted the seller and he tells me the fridge is still in immaculate condition and he can deliver it for me for an extra R400. He asks me how I'm going to pay and I told him cash on delivery.

So now I start noticing a change in his voice. He says it's fine that I pay cash on delivery but can I please transfer the petrol money to him so that he can deliver the fridge. I told him NO that is not the way I do business and I will pay him in cash for the fridge and the delivery when he delivers.

Then he starts spinning all these stories that he has been scammed before that's why he needs the delivery fee upfront. I asked him if that isn't the same thing that he is doing now. He got upset with me and I just ended the call.

This world is full of people trying to scam everybody.

Advertise a phone on gumtree and watch them crawl out of the woodwork...

073 174 6850 "Kevin Heyman"
065 859 4074 "C.S Macritchie"

First one emailed a PoP from Standard Bank, was a fairly good fake actually, along with proof of residence and ID, money obviously never showed.

Second one sent an SMS PoP from Nedbank, this one was REALLY good, reference number didn't link to an actual transaction though.

You can weed out a lot of these ****ers by insisting they email a PoP directly from the bank instead of attaching it, they disappear so ****ing fast when you ask that.

Sumen

Expert Member
Advertise a phone on gumtree and watch them crawl out of the woodwork...

073 174 6850 "Kevin Heyman"
065 859 4074 "C.S Macritchie"

First one emailed a PoP from Standard Bank, was a fairly good fake actually, along with proof of residence and ID, money obviously never showed.

Second one sent an SMS PoP from Nedbank, this one was REALLY good, reference number didn't link to an actual transaction though.

You can weed out a lot of these ****ers by insisting they email a PoP directly from the bank instead of attaching it, they disappear so ****ing fast when you ask that.
Use Pay with Shepard

barfly777

he is back as Barry Smith 074 430 0208 barry4smith02@gmail.com

"I am interested in buying the bike. Kindly get back to me via email at barry4smith02@gmail.com waiting to hear from you soon"

"Thanks for the response, I'm really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin but only if you can assure me it's in a good condition. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. I really want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with it. It will be secured paying via PayFast as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with Payfast so I can make the payment. Note well: Pickup agent will come for the pickup as soon as I have made the payment."

Toxxyc

Expert Member
I wonder how scammers will react if I take a lekker All Bran **** in a little bag and courier it down to them?

barfly777

I'm still wondering if this is a Nigerian scam or what - he is gooi-ing lekker afrikaans names in the mix at times

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I wonder how scammers will react if I take a lekker All Bran **** in a little bag and courier it down to them?
I'm more concerned about how the courier would react "sniff, sniff, fsck this! Return to sender"

iqraamk

Not sure how relevant this is now but had the same interaction, same MO, sends an SMS saying his phone is broken and that I should email him, same extra R200 for postage and buying for a nephew story. Followed up by the pay fast and can I send some additional pictures of the item. Sounded dodgy so I done some research and came across this forum (thanks for the confirmation). So I coded 2 bat files, one to take down his antivirus and another to delete his C:drive data and renamed them to Acerimage1 and Acerimage2. Haven't heard from him since

This time his name is Kyle Koumbatis

Yolandabuthelezi

Yoh!!!! Hi everyone. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I was selling a camera on gumtree. Got a lot of calls but some guy with this email address kylekoumbatis434@gmail.com wanted to pay use payfast. Soon after I received proof of payment confirmation (in the subject of the email) with this payfast email: Payfast_trackingfundsverifier@consultant.com. I quickly called payfast and they said this email is a scam.

He demanded a shipment reference number and that I send the parcel any away, he will give the shipment reference number. This was my first time dealing with a scammer. These scammers are alive and well.

Yolandabuthelezi

Not sure how relevant this is now but had the same interaction, same MO, sends an SMS saying his phone is broken and that I should email him, same extra R200 for postage and buying for a nephew story. Followed up by the pay fast and can I send some additional pictures of the item. Sounded dodgy so I done some research and came across this forum (thanks for the confirmation). So I coded 2 bat files, one to take down his antivirus and another to delete his C:drive data and renamed them to Acerimage1 and Acerimage2. Haven't heard from him since

O

oh my goodness!!! He did the same thing to me today!!! Wow!!!

iqraamk

O

oh my goodness!!! He did the same thing to me today!!! Wow!!!
Send him nasty .bat files renamed as the images that he likes requesting lol...It took him offline for a week but It looks like he managed tp get himself another PC to scam from. I think I'll take it up a notch next time. Send him something nasty