Latest Gumtree scammer

naasier

Yoh!!!! Hi everyone. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I was selling a camera on gumtree. Got a lot of calls but some guy with this email address kylekoumbatis434@gmail.com wanted to pay use payfast. Soon after I received proof of payment confirmation (in the subject of the email) with this payfast email: Payfast_trackingfundsverifier@consultant.com. I quickly called payfast and they said this email is a scam.

He demanded a shipment reference number and that I send the parcel any away, he will give the shipment reference number. This was my first time dealing with a scammer. These scammers are alive and well.
Think this guy tried to contact me as well kylekou43@gmail.com
heres his number 0767721165

naasier

Another potential scammer
078 337 6197 / 063 116 2610 Thringos Fam
This guy says he is with Standard Bank and Investec
He couldn't do an immediate eft transfer (apparently Standard Bank takes hours to clear even inter bank transfers), I told him I will release good once it clears and never heard from him

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Guys, remember to block the cell numbers you find on TrueCaller and mark them as "Scammer".

prOd

Expert Member
Got one under a 'Christo Steyn':

When asked if he can EFT to my ABSA instead:

Christo Steyn
11:59 AM (22 minutes ago)
to me

I would love to do so but due to my work as a marine engineer am not chanced at all bear with me,dont get it wrong they will credit your acct as soon as i made the payment......i only have access to my payfast
What a droll.

Andy1998

Good day.

I got scammed same way as everyone but slightly different, I posted an ad on olx of my canon 600d camera and a women called Candice Jacobs sent me a text saying she is interested in the camera and she also claimed she was working offshore and we should only commnicate by email, I fell for everything and she sent me fake Paypal payments emails and also requested that I should send the package using Aramex and not other courier lines and little did I know it was all a lie, I went to the mall then sent the item from Alberton Pick n Pay to 18 pascoe avenue in Kempton Park yesterday and it was delivered a day after, after he/she received the package he/she proceeded to say my payment will only be released If I were to pay a sum of 200USD(R2,700) using e-wallet and that's when I realised everything was a scam.

Please keep your heads and be on the look out for such scams, I just lost my camera worth R10 000 over a scammer.

Look out for Candice Morgan
Email address : engineer.candicejacobs@gmail.com
Phone number: 0 63 240 5457

semaphore

Honorary Master
Why did you you not wait for the money to clear your account like a sane person? Honestly you only have yourself to blame.

CB40

Send them a BIG box of dog turd all nicely packed in cling wrap and bubble wrap to capture the smell. Might cost you a few rand to do it but will be worth the laugh :ROFL:

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
Can someone do an article on precisely what to look out for with these things? How do you tell the difference between a legitimate EFT sms notification and a fake one, or between a legit payfast payment and a fake one?