Latest Gumtree scammer

Nemus

Sigh, so just to keep this list up to date, this scammer tried the exact same thing on me from a different account and number and just posting it here so people googling it can find it:

Known scammer aliasses:
kylekou43@gmail.com

and

Zuhar Charles
charleszuhar1432@gmail.com

I have reported all these details to all the relevant scammer databases as well.
Hi vegotter

What are these other databases? I have a name and number to add to that list..

VegOtter

Hi vegotter

What are these other databases? I have a name and number to add to that list..
For gmail I report it in the gmail app itself as "Phishing" and for the phone number I add it to things like smart caller with a description that it belongs to a scammer.

found this to be useful too:
https://www.scammer.info/

The main idea is to spread it as much as possible so that if someone googles those details it comes up with a result showing it is a scammers details.

Nemus

Ok thanks.
I'll post there.

Why I want to post? Check the template for scammers:

"I would have love to come and view the phone but unfortunately my car is currently at the repair shop. Can I perphas pay funds into your account and request for transport for pickup if possible"

"Once you receive proof of payment will request for transport for pickup"

Sensorei

Expert Member
My latest scammer who unfortunately did manage to defraud my business due to to the employee not noticing all the obvious red flags in the fake proof of payment FFS! :
Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 10.26.27.png

Nemus

This! We need to somehow make a list of these numbers and share the contact with everyone
In this case, the guy contacting me on Whatsapp.. which means I would not have seen this on Truecaller. There is no way to identify and block the numbers as they simply alternate non-rica numbers.
Fortunately, the guy used the Scammer101 lines.

TheJman

Expert Member
I feel like we should go online and
In this case, the guy contacting me on Whatsapp.. which means I would not have seen this on Truecaller. There is no way to identify and block the numbers as they simply alternate non-rica numbers.
Fortunately, the guy used the Scammer101 lines.
What about what someone said above, about sending them a file of some sort?

VegOtter

Sigh, so just to keep this list up to date, this scammer tried the exact same thing on me from a different account and number and just posting it here so people googling it can find it:

Known scammer aliasses:
kylekou43@gmail.com

and

Zuhar Charles
charleszuhar1432@gmail.com

I have reported all these details to all the relevant scammer databases as well.
And another scam email attempt by the same guy:
brandonsolomon435@gmail.com

RFelkers

Christiaan Cobus Slabber, goes by Chris Slabber, car scammer.
Very Slick.

Users both owners and "buyers" of cars as his victims.

One, he "rents" out a car to you on a rent to own basis and you pay him a massive deposit and the monthly installment. Two the person who's car is being "rented" carries all the risk, after a while your car disappears and the tracker gets removed and you're screwed.

Posts Rent to Own ads on Gumtree, apparently works "hand in Hand" with a Antoinette Kleynhans from Vehicle Solutions another reputuable LOOKING business , tons of facebook likes, but same trick, same scam.

Read the reviews on hellopeter, my friend got burned. Thought I'd share in case someone does a google search for his name and hopefully this posts pops up.

plenty of facebook horror stories too "Cobus Slabber Car" "Cobus Slabber Scam".

He does go by Chris Slabber now.

VegOtter

Now up to brandonsolomon371@gmail.com

Delivery Information:

Name: Johnson
Address: 161 Bridgetown bloubosrand
City: Fourways
State: Gauteng
Code:2188
Cell Phone: 0815837609
Wow, so even the address doesn't appear to be valid, so the reason why they were pushing for the tracking details is they will probably phone postnet and get them to ship it to the actual address. So it would actually be really easy to catch these scammers if the cops would literally spent a few seconds working with postnet.

Such an easy win, yet scamming is rife on gumtree and olx.

Sensorei

Expert Member
Another scammer in Cape Town on Gumtree. Trying to do a fake proof of payment and send someone to collect.

FNfal

Executive Member
It seems as though two scammers got sorted .
"
In interviews with ZimLive, friends said the two brothers ran an elaborate internet-based vehicle theft ring.

One said: "They used to respond to internet adverts by individuals selling cars. They would express interest and then offer to pay through bank transfer.

"The seller would then receive an SMS confirmation of a payment purportedly from their bank, but in reality no such payment would have been made.

"After signing an agreement of sale, the sellers would discover after three days when such payments usually clear if made from a different bank that they had been duped."

The two brothers, with an expansive criminal history in Zimbabwe, Botswana and South Africa, allegedly pulled the trick on a man advertising a Land Rover Discovery. Once they had the vehicle, the brothers allegedly shipped it to Zambia. "
https://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-national-byo-166584.html

PhireSide

Executive Member
I have just received a message from a guy on Gumtree interested in my camera that I put up for sale, but his email address is the famed charleszuhar1432@gmail.com. Hmmm.

"Hello good morning,your camera is still available?....kindly get back to me on my email cuz am not with my phone right now charleszuhar1432@gmail.com thanks"

I think not, Mr. Scammer!