Loot Delivery Times

squirrel

Expert Member
Hi there. Has anyone successfully managed to receive an order in a reasonable amount of time within the last 6 weeks from Loot? Seems they are REALLY struggling by the looks of their social media. I've been waiting 5 weeks for a desk, with no ETA, so I've been forced to cancel and order from elsewhere, which is frustrating.

chrisc

Executive Member
Did you query the delay? I have always had exemplary service.

This applies to TakeaLot too. Generally ok but now and then there is a delay

TheJman

Expert Member
Cancelled my order - ordered beginning of May, and by 12 June they still said they waiting for the stock.

Bit a p@ss poor show with loot at the moment, especially when they don't have that as a warning before you order - probably last time I order from them

Toxxyc

Executive Member
I had good service from them a week or so ago. Ordered some stuff, they said "7 to 10 working days" and it arrived a good week earlier.

plbartie

Also been waiting over 6 weeks for an order. Think i'm going to cancel my orders.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Placed 3 orders with them in the past month. 1 was cancelled after 2 weeks because they had no stock and it took 2 weeks to get a refund. 1 arrived on time. 1 arrived a week earlier than their estimated date.

Got a R100 voucher for the cancelled order so I was content.

zolly

Expert Member
Hi there. Has anyone successfully managed to receive an order in a reasonable amount of time within the last 6 weeks from Loot? Seems they are REALLY struggling by the looks of their social media. I've been waiting 5 weeks for a desk, with no ETA, so I've been forced to cancel and order from elsewhere, which is frustrating.

Not me, but a friend of mine ordered some books through them. Arrived as expected.

ld13

Honorary Master
Those historic orders that were delayed, were mainly held back due to the lock-down and the prohibition on what may be sold. After that was lifted, those older orders arrived within a reasonable time.

Over the last 6 weeks, I see about 50% (Edit: 40%) is late:

Time PlacedStatusLate?
23/06/2020 PMStock on orderNot yetETA 30 June. Order is quite recent, not expecting movement yet.
23/06/2020 AMStock on orderNot yetETA 29 June. Had movement on the order, some items are ready to ship.
17/06/2020 AMStock on orderNot yetETA 3 July. Had movement on the order, some items are ready to ship.
15/06/2020 AMStock on orderNot yetETA for shipping is only tomorrow. Edit: Item changed to out of stock :crying:
15/06/2020 AMShipped 24/06NoETA for shipping was 24/06. :)
27/05/2020 AMShipped on Mon, 8 Jun 2020NoMarketplace seller.
27/05/2020 AMStock on orderYESItem out of stock. Suspected price error. Had movement on the rest of the order, as everything else is ready to ship.
25/05/2020 AMShipped on Mon, 25 May 2020NoAll items were in stock.
12/05/2020 AMShipped on Mon, 1 Jun 2020YesOnly 2 days late. Within reason, given that they had to source extra stock from supplier and could not supply fully out of existing stock.

Last edited:

Solitude

Executive Member
I had an order from 15 May that was eventually cancelled on Monday 22 June. They refunded me and gave me a voucher so even though I said never again, I have now used said voucher and hoping I will get a product this time around.

Solitude

Executive Member
Eish, Loot cancelled my new order now too. Luckily it happened a day after ordering. So ordered a third item now. Hopefully this one will be the charm.

jun_tao

Expert Member
Ordered 2 different items from them, 1 said in stock dispatched within 24 hours. That took 8 days to arrive.
Second item said ships within 4-6 days, that arrived 2 days early.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Before lockdown. Within a week or two. Since lockdown. Completely broken for anything they ran out of stock on.

squirrel

Expert Member
Did you query the delay? I have always had exemplary service.

This applies to TakeaLot too. Generally ok but now and then there is a delay

The shipping date was something like 7 - 10 days, so I gave them time. Once the expected date surpassed, I contact them via email. After two emails no response. Sent them a message on Twitter and FB. They said they would get back to me with an ETA soon. I've requested refund and they asked for my banking details over Twitter, lol.

I also just received this. "We haven’t forgotten about you!! We are so sorry we haven’t got back to you yet, unfortunately our queries are far higher than anyone could have expected. We’ve noticed that many customers have made use of social media to communicate and most of the queries have already been resolved. If your query hasn’t resolved please reply back and we will put you right at the front of our virtual email queue."

Meanwhile, last night I ordered a similar desk from Superbalist, and received my confirmed shipping for next week. I also ordered a bunch of different products off Takealot and Zando on Monday evening, both of which arrived today - just 2 days later.

ld13

Honorary Master
I see we are popular!

squirrel

Expert Member
Lol yes, I also saw that article strangely pop up the same day...

squirrel

Expert Member
Was I imagining the title included the word Loot, and has now been retracted?

hellfire

Honorary Master
Anyone know how long Loot takes to respond to social media and email queries?
Their phone line isn't being used at the moment (according to the recorded message)