Mind the speed ISP

netstrider

Expert Member
67807492.png
Thanks, although I'm specifically looking at LTE router performance.

Drone 42

I had my own Mikrotik that I manage myself. Was a mission to get the PPPOE details from them
Same here, another bonus if they source you a router. The do not manage it, they just sent me the router brand new and I had to set it up. They have no access to my router.

No PPPOE details needed on Vumatel.

isie

Honorary Master
Same here, another bonus if they source you a router. The do not manage it, they just sent me the router brand new and I had to set it up. They have no access to my router.

No PPPOE details needed on Vumatel.
*for clarification Not all Vumatel

It depends on the type of infrastructure installed - Im on Viuma and need PPPOE details

Half_Frog

Expert Member
*for clarification Not all Vumatel

It depends on the type of infrastructure installed - Im on Viuma and need PPPOE details
I have found the same on FrogFoot.

My MTS line uses PPPOE but my neighbors Axxess line uses DHCP

Mr Smooth

Anyone on MTS and using the standard Zyxel modem have issues where you lose connection ( no throughput) for like 2-5 mins and than everything connects again after this?

Been happening quite often on my side and it’s becoming an issue.

isie

Honorary Master
Anyone on MTS and using the standard Zyxel modem have issues where you lose connection ( no throughput) for like 2-5 mins and than everything connects again after this?

My Neighbour is using it and he hasn't complained to me about having issues like that (lol and he would complain to me :) ).

Question does it happen on wifi only?

Mr Smooth

My Neighbour is using it and he hasn't complained to me about having issues like that (lol and he would complain to me :) ).

Question does it happen on wifi only?

Mostly wifi across laptops and phones.
Happened when watching Netflix andriod box connected via cable to the modem.

Called their support center a few times but they see no drops on their end as well as on Openserve.
Could be the modem?

Slamz

Mostly wifi across laptops and phones.
Happened when watching Netflix andriod box connected via cable to the modem.

Called their support center a few times but they see no drops on their end as well as on Openserve.
Could be the modem?
Router, if you on VUMA/SADV FNO, contact MTS to change the broadband router, i used to have this, connection to the cellphones etc was slow, im on 50mb up/down, was getting less than 10, they sent out Vuma to swap the router and everything works fine now

the Zyxel modem works fine, although if you have alot of walls etc, wifi will be affected, so i keep the tv etc on the 5g range as its close to the tv and everything else on the 2.5g range, seems to work for me

SHANRSA

Thestealth

Expert Member

Yes. We had this quite a few times, we've started using our own router for the last month. Now we're "only" experiencing a few network issues.

Mr Smooth

Yes. We had this quite a few times, we've started using our own router for the last month. Now we're "only" experiencing a few network issues.
Thanks, could you elaborate more on the few network issues after using your own router?

I started using my old TPlink router since this afternoon and have yet to drop connection.

HowTo

Expert Member
See ping to local JHB servers are +/- 34ms. Mybroadband speed tes
Was before 1 or 2ms.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
Once again things running at a 1/10 of my line speed since yesterday. Support also haven't bothered to reply to my emails.

CharlieSmith

Today is the 3rd April and Mind the Speed has still not released my fibre after my contract with them terminated on 31 Mar. My new ISP cannot connect my fibre before Mind the Speed releases it. Therefore it is a long weekend without Internet for us !

rh1

Expert Member
Have no issues other than when Vumatel was down for everyone in my neighbourhood. My results:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-170329_Speedtest.jpg
    Screenshot_20210403-170329_Speedtest.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 28