Mind the speed ISP

Intox

Anyone on MTS and using the standard Zyxel modem have issues where you lose connection ( no throughput) for like 2-5 mins and than everything connects again after this?

Been happening quite often on my side and it’s becoming an issue.

Mostly wifi across laptops and phones.
Happened when watching Netflix andriod box connected via cable to the modem.

Called their support center a few times but they see no drops on their end as well as on Openserve.
Could be the modem?

Yep, had exactly the same issues with the Zyxel they provided.
Bought different router and that sorted out my wifi problems.

Not a fan of the Zyxel at all.

CharlieSmith

Openserve Fiber not Released by MTS

Is there anybody that can assist me to get my Openserve fibre released by Mind the Speed ISP?

My contract with MTS terminated on 31 March 2021, but today on the 6 April, my fibre is still linked to MTS, instead of being in the Openserve Holding Pool where a new ISP can link to my fibre to provide an Internet service.

Koosie

Openserve Fiber not Released by MTS

Is there anybody that can assist me to get my Openserve fibre released by Mind the Speed ISP?

My contract with MTS terminated on 31 March 2021, but today on the 6 April, my fibre is still linked to MTS, instead of being in the Openserve Holding Pool where a new ISP can link to my fibre to provide an Internet service.
Had this same issue in February, took about 20 emails and 10 phone calls to get it sorted.

Just a guy from PTA

Hi all,

I'm considering moving from Afrihost to MTS (Metrofibre), and bump the speed...

Currently on a 50MB pure Fibre package at R1127 per month and noted that MTS can provide a 100MB package on Metrofibre at R1190 compared to Afrihost at R1419.

Is MTS any good, I see some negative posts regarding speed, consistency etc...

Cheers

Half_Frog

Expert Member
Hi all,

I'm considering moving from Afrihost to MTS (Metrofibre), and bump the speed...

Currently on a 50MB pure Fibre package at R1127 per month and noted that MTS can provide a 100MB package on Metrofibre at R1190 compared to Afrihost at R1419.

Is MTS any good, I see some negative posts regarding speed, consistency etc...

Cheers
So far I have not had too many issues, support is quick

joshuatree

Expert Member
Contemplating moving from RocketNet on Vumatel to Mind The Speed to save a bit which would amount to R105 per month for the 10/10 line. Opted for a downgrade from 20/20 to 10/10 already at RocketNet, but might just cancel outright and move to Mind The Speed.

So the big question is are everybody happy at Mind The Speed at the moment?

isie

Honorary Master
Contemplating moving from RocketNet on Vumatel to Mind The Speed to save a bit which would amount to R105 per month for the 10/10 line. Opted for a downgrade from 20/20 to 10/10 already at RocketNet, but might just cancel outright and move to Mind The Speed.

yup still happy

Half_Frog

Expert Member

Yup, And my line got upgraded now to 200mb with a price decrease

K4shy

Also happy, There has been a few outages of recent but been with them for the past year and safe to say it was only two interruptions.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member

Only been with them just over three weeks but happy so far.. Customer service is good as well so far.. Friend is moving over to them end May from Rocketnet