Mind the speed ISP

isie

Honorary Master
Vumatel in Forest Town

Applications are email, browsing & Netflix.
I don't know anyone in that exact area - but Im guessing your standard Vumatel issues - not too often

rrh

Expert Member
I don't know anyone in that exact area - but Im guessing your standard Vumatel issues - not too often
My guess as well. I think that I will give them a go - I have little to lose :)

HartsockZA

So I am reinstalling my fiber line to my new place which is in the same street as my old place. MTS got the B number but the thing is it's been almost an entire month and Openserve hasn't come out to install. But when I spoke to ISP's in my area they said it takes 3-7 days. Is it me or is MTS got a crappy Openserve agent or is it MTS?
Actually about to jump ship to another provider.

rrh

Expert Member
So I am reinstalling my fiber line to my new place which is in the same street as my old place. MTS got the B number but the thing is it's been almost an entire month and Openserve hasn't come out to install. But when I spoke to ISP's in my area they said it takes 3-7 days. Is it me or is MTS got a crappy Openserve agent or is it MTS?
Actually about to jump ship to another provider.
The blame lies with Openserve (assuming that MTS haven't screwed up with placing the order).

rrh

Expert Member
.... wtf a whole month away. So is fiber already deployed and you're waiting on that or is this just Openserve serving a backlog of note.
No, it's me giving my current ISP one month's notice before switching to MTS.

BTW, I am on Vumatel, not Openserve.

rh1

Expert Member
@rrh Except for some gremlins around the time of the vumatel speed upgrades at the beginning of this month, they have been rock solid (before and since). But during that time I was frustated enough to consider moving. Decided to stay another month (August) and if they remain stable, will continue to use them.

rrh

Expert Member
@rrh Except for some gremlins around the time of the vumatel speed upgrades at the beginning of this month, they have been rock solid (before and since). But during that time I was frustated enough to consider moving. Decided to stay another month (August) and if they remain stable, will continue to use them.
Thanks for the reassurance :)

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I moved to a new flat over the weekend, so had to re-apply at MTS as the CPE also would need to be installed.

Got a reply after I sent them the address, and uploaded the rental contract with said address as well.

Thank you for the email

Kindly note that the address provided is a business address unfortunately Vuma does not install at business premisies

Kind Regards

MTS Team

My reply:

Ah ok then, don't know how my flat in ********* Complex (and the 20 other units with farking vumatel fibre already) is now suddenly a business. Dear lord, did you even read the damn documents I uploaded for proof of the residence that you asked for?

Either way, does not matter now, if this is how it starts I'll move right along and choose a ISP that actually will read the farking docs before giving dumbass replies back

Goodbye

So, can anyone recommend a ISP, I have been with overpriced Cool Ideas, not going there again, their pricing is just crazy. Clearly not going with MTS after my reply to them, any other recommendations?

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I moved to a new flat over the weekend, so had to re-apply at MTS as the CPE also would need to be installed.

Got a reply after I sent them the address, and uploaded the rental contract with said address as well.

Thank you for the email

Kindly note that the address provided is a business address unfortunately Vuma does not install at business premisies

Kind Regards

MTS Team

My reply:

Ah ok then, don't know how my flat in ********* Complex (and the 20 other units with farking vumatel fibre already) is now suddenly a business. Dear lord, did you even read the damn documents I uploaded for proof of the residence that you asked for?

Either way, does not matter now, if this is how it starts I'll move right along and choose a ISP that actually will read the farking docs before giving dumbass replies back

Goodbye

So, can anyone recommend a ISP, I have been with overpriced Cool Ideas, not going there again, their pricing is just crazy. Clearly not going with MTS after my reply to them, any other recommendations?
I'm happy with MTS... but as you said that's a no go.. Afrihost would be your solution :)

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member

Thank you for the email

Kind Regards

MTS Team

My reply:

Goodbye

@AfriFella

HartsockZA

MTS can suck it, been battling to even get a line reactivated through them. Absolutely Useless, I have to keep on calling on them to check the status of re-activation. Then it's this then it's that. Screw it. I loved MTS at first but they are borderline Useless.

tehan

MTS can suck it, been battling to even get a line reactivated through them. Absolutely Useless, I have to keep on calling on them to check the status of re-activation. Then it's this then it's that. Screw it. I loved MTS at first but they are borderline Useless.
Check out Web sQuad, moved to them from MTS. Support has been great, and activation with them was painless. Full disclosure, that is an affiliate link, if you don't want to use it, just google them, or speak to @websquadza on the forum.