MTN Internet settings for Htc One (Please help!)

johnspake

Hi,

I recently inserted a new simcard into my HTC One M7. However, my mobile data doesn't work displaying the error message "Connection failed due to incorrect APN setting". I used the USSD *123# to receive my phone settings, but I got a message saying "Sorry, your handset does not support internet settings". Having contacted MTN several times, I have not received a response (it's been 2 weeks!). Does anyone know what APN settings can I enter manually for HTC One M7? If not, please let me know how I can speak to the MTN customer service.. dialing 173/15000 does not give an option to speak to the customer service representative.

I'd highly appreciate you help to solve this problem.. I'm so frustrated!

Hoping to get some help ASAP.

Thanks!

sajunky

Honorary Master
MTN standard apn is "internet" (without quotes), unless you had been advised to used other one, it is your settings.

johnspake

MTN standard apn is "internet" (without quotes), unless you had been advised to used other one, it is your settings.
Thanks. That doesn't work on my phone. Do you know how I can speak to the customer care representative through 1555/173 or any other number you know of?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Well basically the apn for MTN is internet or myMTN

Use one of those 2 and it should work. Leave the proxy settings and stuff all empty.