MTN- Keep away if you want service!

SamGin

MTN have got to be the worst bunch I have ever dealt with! I'm about to take them to ICASA over recurring subscriptions MONTHS after the cancellation of my contract...

Read this, I posted it on hellopeter...

>>My Complaint:
I had an MTN data contract. I cancelled it at their canal walk branch well before the end of the contract. I got written, signed confirmation of this.
MTN carried on billing me for this contract. I phoned their slow call centre to complain and I was put on to a "retention" person who said that she would sort it out, stop the billing and refund my ****** money.
So far I haven't seen my money (it has been over three weeks), nor have I had a reply to any of my three emails asking when I will get a refund.
The call reference is Ref 108801700
The contact person's email is moloko_p at mtn coza

>>Their acknowledgement of receipt:
Hello S_Ginsberg,

Thank you for your post.

We are terribly sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced as a result of this. We completely understand the frustration it causes.

We would like advice that this matter is receiving priority attention. We anticipate a resolution of the issues within the shortest period possible, looking at all various alternatives.

We would like to assure you that we are actively working to improve our service levels.

Regards
Veronica
REQ:3316239

>>Their inaction:
Utterly Disgusted: Stop giving me cut and paste standard responses and fix your rubbish!
Not only have you not bothered doing anything about it but you ***** another R149 from my account yesterday.

Your service is appalling, bordering on criminal. If my money is not returned in full within 5 working days from now I shall lay a complaint with ICASA and proceed with small claims court action to recover my money as well as the expenses associated with with the recovery.

Get to it.
Samuel

>>Further to this I logged a call with their fraud department, after all ripping someone's cash off is fraud:
What is happening with this case:
MTN has refunded about R60 of the R447 owing... fraudsters!
I have attached proof of contract cancellation.
This email serves as the final reminder in terms of the ICASA complaints procedure before referring this matter to ICASA for action.
I have pasted in my records from www.hellopeter.com together with your acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint below.

>>Their acknowledgement:
Re: MTN Fraud [#7893313]
Customer Care 8 Mar
Y’ello!
Thank you for your email.
Your email is acknowledged and will be responded to as soon as possible.

BUT NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.

If you don't want this to happen to you then keep away from MTN!!!!! So far it has been almost four months...

MKFrost

Expert Member
I would send a registered letter of demand to their head office demanding a refund of any amounts due plus any and all related expenses incurred in the matter and demand that such be settled within 10 working days from receipt of the letter.

If no reply and or action is forthcoming I will take that to the small claims court to get a summons issued against them for the amount demanded in the final demand plus any further additional costs.

Clearly their call centers etc.. are a waste of time.

SamGin

Thanks for the advice!
I have got as far as looking over the requirements for lodging a complaint with ICASA and claiming through the Small Claims Court. Is this known to work reasonably? I'm not familiar with such proceedings... fortunately ;-)

Regards
Samuel

Voldemort

Death eater
Hi guys

This is pretty serious stuff! Please allow me to look into this matter with the ref number provided!

Regards

Voldemort

SamGin

Thanks!
I'm happy to provide the original cancellation document by private email.

Cheers
Samuel

RichardG

Honorary Master
Please keep us updated! Disgusted that cellular service providers act like this had a problem with the black company back in the days..

SamGin

Quick update: The result is.... *drum roll* They paid back R24.02 into my bank account.
I think I know what's happening! Maybe MTN is almost bankrupt and they're paying it back on the never-never as their cash flow permits... a bit like when an uninsured teenager bumps into your car and has to pay it back out of his pocket money!

Voldemort

Death eater
Hi there

I've asked one of our billing agents to get in touch with you to assist with this.

SamGin

Thanks Mr (I can't say your scary name)

I'll await their call...

Regards
Samuel

Voldemort

Death eater
Thanks Mr (I can't say your scary name)

I'll await their call...

Regards
Samuel
Hi there

My agent has advised that she just tried calling you, no response, please PM the correct number that we may establish contact.

Kind regards

(He who must not be named:D )

SamGin

Hi

I saw a missed call while I was lecturing... I guess that was it... I'll PM you my number now.

Regards
Samuel

preguru

This is why my second contract will be terminated with this exorbitant fee company in the next 2 months!!!

SamGin

Hi

I would have imagined that something might have happened by now... so MTN have stopped stealing my money but haven't refunded the cash that they ripped off.

Here is the correspondence, with dates. As you'll see, lots of promises, but no action. Veronica has had it on her desk for 6 weeks and has now stopped responding to my emails. Maybe you should fire her, maybe that would improve your customers' experience.

------------------------------------

Apr 29 at 2:30 PM
To Veronica *** [ MTNSP - Innovation Centre ]
Are you actually doing something about this or are you just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?
It's hard to see how MTN actually runs with such crappy admin.

From: Veronica *** [ MTNSP - Innovation Centre ] <***@mtn.co.za>
To: Samuel ***
Sent: Friday, 4 April 2014, 12:41
Subject: RE: Ref 108801700

Hello Mr ***,

Please bear with us, I am aware that this is taking longer than usual.

I have sent another mail to our refunds team for feedback.

I will revert to you once I receive feedback.

Regards

Veronica ***
Office of Chief Customer Experience Officer | Tel: 011 912 4483 | Email: ***@mtn.co.za

Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:40 AM
To: Veronica *** [ MTNSP - Innovation Centre ]
Subject: Re: Ref 108801700

Hi

Thanks.

Regards
Samuel

Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 10:45

Good day Mr ***,

Please bear with us as the matter is receiving our urgent attention.

I have received all documents and submitted to the relevant managers. Once completed I will provide you with feedback and the way forward.

Regards

Veronica ***
Office of Chief Customer Experience Officer | Tel: 011 912 4483 | Email: ***@mtn.co.za

Sent: Monday, 24 March 2014 03:02 PM
To: 'Samuel ***'

Hello Mr ***,

Thank you for the document received.

I have sent this to our cancellations division and will revert to you with feedback and a way forward.

Regards

Veronica ***

Sent: Monday, 24 March 2014 01:50 PM
Subject: Fw: Ref 108801700

Hi Veronica,

This was the first email. It was not even acknowledged. Please note the date.

Regards
Samuel

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: ***@mtn.co.za
Sent: Saturday, 1 February 2014, 13:31
Subject: Ref 108801700

Hi

Herewith the cancellation form for this contract.

Regards
Samuel ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Y'ello Crew

Company Rep
Hi SamGin,

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting this sorted and the inconvenience caused. We'll PM you an update shortly.

Kind Regards,
Sivuyile

Hi

I would have imagined that something might have happened by now... so MTN have stopped stealing my money but haven't refunded the cash that they ripped off.

Here is the correspondence, with dates. As you'll see, lots of promises, but no action. Veronica has had it on her desk for 6 weeks and has now stopped responding to my emails. Maybe you should fire her, maybe that would improve your customers' experience.

------------------------------------

Apr 29 at 2:30 PM
To Veronica *** [ MTNSP - Innovation Centre ]
Are you actually doing something about this or are you just ignoring it and hoping it will go away?
It's hard to see how MTN actually runs with such crappy admin.

Sent: Friday, 4 April 2014, 12:41

Hello Mr ***,

Please bear with us, I am aware that this is taking longer than usual.

I have sent another mail to our refunds team for feedback.

I will revert to you once I receive feedback.

Regards

Veronica ***

Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: Ref 108801700

Hi

Thanks.

Regards
Samuel

Sent: Wednesday, 26 March 2014, 10:45

Good day Mr ***,

Please bear with us as the matter is receiving our urgent attention.

I have received all documents and submitted to the relevant managers. Once completed I will provide you with feedback and the way forward.

Regards

Veronica ***

Sent: Monday, 24 March 2014 03:02 PM
To: 'Samuel ***'

Hello Mr ***,

Thank you for the document received.

I have sent this to our cancellations division and will revert to you with feedback and a way forward.

Regards

Veronica ***

Sent: Monday, 24 March 2014 01:50 PM
Subject: Fw: Ref 108801700

Hi Veronica,

This was the first email. It was not even acknowledged. Please note the date.

Regards
Samuel

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: ***@mtn.co.za
Sent: Saturday, 1 February 2014, 13:31
Subject: Ref 108801700

Hi

Herewith the cancellation form for this contract.

Regards
Samuel ***

Sacheen

Well try dealing with the retentions department, Excellent is the supervisors name and he just said well we can't help you. They make promises and now they can keep them and then he cannot do anything as Marketing needs to sort it out, what crap?
I have been with MTN for 10 years now and I have 2 contracts and my wife's contract is with them, then I get this kind of service and they think and act as if they're paying me. RETENTIONS department is disgusting, their CEO should try calling them and see what kind of service HIS company is giving.

yoydna

medicnick83

Paramedic
The problem is, companies grow so big and they start forgetting about all the little people... every subscriber matters, they fail to realize that.
If anyone know about this - MWEB is a good example.

Diski9c

Cant receive calls from all other networks except MTN

I would send a registered letter of demand to their head office demanding a refund of any amounts due plus any and all related expenses incurred in the matter and demand that such be settled within 10 working days from receipt of the letter.

If no reply and or action is forthcoming I will take that to the small claims court to get a summons issued against them for the amount demanded in the final demand plus any further additional costs.

Clearly their call centers etc.. are a waste of time.
Lodged a complaint twice with MTN call centre, First spake to Khensani then Malesela but am still sitting with the same problem. My wife can't call me since she is with CellC. Ref #s were sent to me as proof of their attention but the status quo remains the same. All am waitin 4 is my BIS to expire then hike as fast as I can to CellC. Since with CellC I will get free data to watch Youtube whilst browsing thru BIS. Thanx for nothing MTN. Remain with ur RETARDS and STAGNANT admin.