Mweb Talk offering free DID numbers

cavedog

Honorary Master
http://www.mweb.co.za/cheap-internet-calls/voip/mweb-talk.aspx

Signed up for Mweb talk since I already use Nexus a Mweb reseller which has been working very well on on Telkom LTE setup.

So I signed up and my account was created instantly with a R150 credit limit.

What was really nice to see is that you can create more numbers to allow one account and have multiple numbers for family which is nice but in the process I have discovered another gem.

Looks like all the Mweb numbers are free of any monthly sub aswell. Went through each line of the T&C's and nothing and so I created 2 extra local numbers 035007xxxx to my account and email confirming the cost to be R0.00

Pretty cool. Not sure if intentional or mistake but pretty cool so all the LTE guys with Telkom if you want a VOIP service Mweb talk is pretty decent and work very well in the B315 and B593 routers. :D

cavedog

Honorary Master
How does the quality compare to Skype?
Well I'm using it in my router and since I have not used skype in a long time I think it's not bad at all. Obviously it would depend what codec you use but I just use all on default.

kianm

Honorary Master
Does one need to be an Mweb customer for this to be free, like have another paid Mweb product?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Does one need to be an Mweb customer for this to be free, like have another paid Mweb product?
Nope. I just signed up as a new Mweb customer and the only service I have in my control panel is Mweb Talk.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
call rates to other mobiles are a bit expensive still. just a couple of cents less than Vodacom 79c prepaid rate.

cavedog

Honorary Master
call rates to other mobiles are a bit expensive still. just a couple of cents less than Vodacom 79c prepaid rate.
Yeah and more expensive than Cellc 66c price plan but I guess they have to get some money back for the free DID number you get and no monthly fee.

Still a nice solution if you get a couple set up with LTE and fibre amongst family and friends as the on net calls are free and landline calls are not that bad.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Yeah and more expensive than Cellc 66c price plan but I guess they have to get some money back for the free DID number you get and no monthly fee.

Still a nice solution if you get a couple set up with LTE and fibre amongst family and friends as the on net calls are free and landline calls are not that bad.
How do you use this? Plug a phone into RJ11 port?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

I signed up and got my login mweb email address and temp password, but cant log in. Emailed them for help.

How do I use this Voip number on my phone? I cant find a Mweb app in Play store?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I signed up and got my login mweb email address and temp password, but cant log in. Emailed them for help.

How do I use this Voip number on my phone? I cant find a Mweb app in Play store?
Don't use the email address just use the numbers before @ and the password

Just use any sip app. I personally use csipsimple

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Don't use the email address just use the numbers before @ and the password

Just use any sip app. I personally use csipsimple
Managed to set it up with GS Wave on my phone. Did a quick call to a landline. Quality very good. I have enabled g722, Opus and G726-32 codecs

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Signed up.

Using the default 087 number on my cellphone and signed up an 039 number for the router. Have a normal 039 Telkom landline at home too.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Seems Mweb Talk only supports G722 codec. Would be great if they added Opus to cut down bandwidth usage and improve call quality.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Managed to get 2 different error messages out of the sign-up page. First a complain about it being unable to load the terms and conditions (wtf) then it says on the sign-up page its already order...but doesn't show anywhere else in the profile. Weird.

The service account: X can only have one instance of the service(s): MTALK. This service account has also been used for order: X123123 line: 1