South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I think they've allocated the gaming bandwidth to DSTV on Demand.I'm having problems playing TeamFortress 2 on local servers, for the past 2 days I've been getting on/off 300+ ms on both IS and SGS servers while my international downloads are still flying at 400kb/s, any reason for this?
Edit: http://www.speedtest.net/result/804994707.png
How can international be downloading at 400kb/s currently yet I get this kind of ping locally?
Tracing route to cl3www.m-net.co.za [196.28.65.145]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 1 ms 2 ms 2 ms . [192.168.2.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 50 ms 50 ms 49 ms tengig-0-0-0-107.vic-ipc-1.mweb.co.za [196.22.16
9.158]
4 50 ms 50 ms 51 ms vl-92.vic-hscore-1.mweb.co.za [196.22.189.2]
5 51 ms 50 ms 54 ms tengig-3-1.vic-core-sw1.mweb.co.za [196.22.169.6
6]
6 55 ms 49 ms 55 ms 135.75.28.196.netactive.net [196.28.75.135]
7 50 ms 50 ms 51 ms 192.168.196.17
8 53 ms 56 ms 52 ms cl3www.m-net.co.za [196.28.65.145]
Trace complete.

I applied for the all inclusive 4MB line on 10 April 2010 and still nothing. Its now 5-May-2010!!!!
So how long should this take? Whats up with the service?
At this point, still nothing, no communication (unless I personally call)...nada. When consultant assure me that they will call back, nothing....
On a side note - if i were to cancel this subscription, would I still be liable for payment seeing that I have not actually used the service since the service is not active? And does the 30-day notice period apply?
What did you apply for? Do you already have an existing ADSL or did that need to be installed too?
You could try sending a PM to one of the two MWeb reps on the forums.
4mb Uncapped - All inclusive
First time getting ADSL so the line needed to be installed..
Who are the MWeb reps?
just be careful , Mweb starts billing you the moment you apply , well on the Data Bundle accounts at least. So if you going the install Telkom line separate and then get ISP ADSL route make sure you only apply @ Mweb once you have your line.
Hopefully getting my line installed next week Fri *holding thumbs*
I imagine this is not the case with All-Inclusive, as MWeb would be aware that you would have no way to make use of your actual account (data) until the line is ready. One would hope![]()