SammyD

Expert Member
Hi. I have some suggestions on the UI of EWN. Its your app and if you think I'm talking cr*p then that's cool you don't have to consider anything I say.

About the splash screen: All your info, including blog is in the about section already.

The more section is basically where you find the categories local, world, twitter etc. Will post my suggestions tomorrow on the UI of that as well as the video section.

Repeat: You don't have to take any of my suggestions (especially since you're not getting paid for it). Btw, did this on my phone so don't judge

Attachments

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Hi. I have some suggestions on the UI of EWN. Its your app and if you think I'm talking cr*p then that's cool you don't have to consider anything I say.

About the splash screen: All your info, including blog is in the about section already.

The more section is basically where you find the categories local, world, twitter etc. Will post my suggestions tomorrow on the UI of that as well as the video section.

Repeat: You don't have to take any of my suggestions (especially since you're not getting paid for it). Btw, did this on my phone so don't judge
Cool, always appreciate the input. I have the about section as it's a requirement for the challenges I submit my apps for also it's basically same across all my apps.

I could keep 3 sections , Latest, More & Video and push things like sport and Twitter into the More sections if that's what people want.

Also to note the News section has 5 categories, latest, local, world, sport and entertainment.
The Twitter section has 4 categories, news, reporter, traffic and sport.

So filtering it on the More section will require some thought.

Last edited:

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
I got something to give you'll for xmas, Aerial Lock

If you like satellite imagery and topographic maps this app is for you.

3.jpg

Last edited:

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
A bit OT, but I've finally become a Microsoft Student Partner. I just wanna say thanks to all you guys that have downloaded my work and provided criticism in making me better.

Bull1012

Been a while since I updated. Here's something I'm working on due to the load shedding your input would be appreciated.

Basically the app helps you keep track of the schedule for different stages etc.
Just what we needed. Can't find in the store?

p51mustang

Quite a few of these load shedng apps in the WP Store. Load Shedding SA is my preffered app, although I did find a 12/24 hr error in their schedule yesterday. Just wish it would have a notification whenever the schedule changes.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Quite a few of these load shedng apps in the WP Store. Load Shedding SA is my preffered app, although I did find a 12/24 hr error in their schedule yesterday. Just wish it would have a notification whenever the schedule changes.

Tried it, finding some suburbs feels like a pain. I'll test it against the api I'm using to see which is more reliable.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
A suggestion ... Would you be able to create notifications? Like if I set my area to Durban Central and if it moves from no load shedding to stage 2, i would get a notification?
Working on it at the moment, I just released the app for the users to break it so with the update I can fix bugs I never come across.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Okay the updated was submitted, will take a couple hours to be downloadable. When the load shedding stage changes you'll now get a toast notification.

p51mustang

Just downloaded the app. Nice and quick, with the Twitter section a nice feature, but I have a few suggestions if I may:

1. When I open the app, I want to see immediately the load shedding status, ie, Level 1/2/3 or no load shedding.

2. In addition to point 1 above, I want to go straight to my favourites upon opening, with an indication if load shedding is in effect or not.

Actually, I still really like Load Shedding SA, just wish they'd add the notifications.