NeoConnect pricing details

stormy

So we have a duo-nopoly now.
Um Neotel service offerings offer less at higher prices!
So where is the previous statement by Pandy that costs should be below a quarter than it currently is...
FACE IT! this country dont get better, only worse..

rpm

Admin
Staff member
So where is the previous statement by Pandy that costs should be below a quarter than it currently is...
Hi Stormy

I dont know how you reached this conclusion :confused: It is definitely aggressive pricing when compared with other offerings in the market. Detailed pricing comparison to follow soon...

Tun@

Expert Member
As a common Joe Blogs i see NOTHING to even interest me in those plan offerings at those prices.

BroadbandStarved

These prices are f%$king ridiculous. Where the hell is the competition? This really frustrates me, again there is no TRUE competition. Neotel, you have proved to be another TELKOM!!!!

martmeister

what do you mean less at higher prices? have you not seen the prices. break down the telkom line, dsl access and usage and you will see it's not the case. The Neotel offerings are (for the internet user) giving more usage at a better price. Let's not forget we talking about 2.4mbps speeds here. Not a measly 384 or 512. oops and I forgot something else ... it's W I R E L E S S!

martmeister

Hi Stormy

I dont know how you reached this conclusion :confused: It is definitely aggressive pricing when compared with other offerings in the market. Detailed pricing comparison to follow soon...

That will paint a much better picture. Especially for those people who don't see where the savings are.

armitage

Expert Member
Hmm the 2.4mbps with unlimited usage for 1k is certainly tempting. Really really tempting :)

Corgon

Well, maybe im an ignorant fool, but those prices seem way way better then what telkom has to offer. 2.4Mbs? unlimited access for R999?? please try find me an uncapped 4096 line that is gonna cost you less then a grand.

kaspaas

Expert Member
Obviously Neotel is currently only interested in the higher spending cherries of the market.

Hopefully they will bring out something soon for the grandma and granpa's of the country struggling to make ends meet.

The coverage is also dismal. Pretoria Central is almost equal to no coverage in Pretoria at all.

BroadbandStarved

what do you mean less at higher prices? have you not seen the prices. break down the telkom line, dsl access and usage and you will see it's not the case. The Neotel offerings are (for the internet user) giving more usage at a better price. Let's not forget we talking about 2.4mbps speeds here. Not a measly 384 or 512. oops and I forgot something else ... it's W I R E L E S S!

I'm sorry I have to disagree, I pay R185 cybersmart 512k + Telkom ADSL and Line rental of R361 = total of R546
So now you trying to tell me that for about 188Kbps extra speed (remember they said an average of 700Kbps forget about 2.4mbps) and 2 gigs extra, I save a whole R46....PLEASE, they could have done a little better!

Diabolic

A few questions

1.Whats the upload speed gonna be like?
2. Shaped or unshaped
3. P2P allowed.

Feel free to add your own

Nab

2.4 Mbps (300-700k on average) completely uncapped, with a phone line, 2000 minutes free calls, sms etc all for R1k and that's not a big step? You guys are in the habit of reacting to bad news lol - by my math, even with bad signal you could pip 200GBs a month :D the uncapped is also unshaped so double :D

Gerbodin

Geez, its good and all, but what I don't like is that they want you to sign a 24 month contract. I wanna be able to try this service before I accept it, if it turns out to be something like Sentech or Iburst, I don't wanna be stuck with a 24 momth contract

Away with the damn Voice & SMS services. WE WANT BROADBAND ONLY!
Who wants a phone with a phone if you have stable broadband & Skype? I don't even use my Telkom phone unless I'm phoning Telkom to let them know about their bad service.

Tun@

Expert Member
Way i see it ,maybe better for download addicts
But for low end users
Now i have MTN 2Gb HSDPA for R389
Neotel offers 2.5Gb @ R399
WOW!-
/sarcasm off

BroadbandStarved

I seriously think these guys need to go back to the drawing board and cross out the part on the business plan, where it says "continue with great south african rip-off"!!!

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Way i see it ,maybe better for download addicts
But for low end users
Now i have MTN 2Gb HSDPA for R389
Neotel offers 2.5Gb @ R399
WOW!-
/sarcasm off
Hi Tun@

Not entirely accurate comparison - the Neotel device included, hence already R 449.00 with MTN & Vodacom. Also some free minutes etc...

bekdik

Honorary Master
This starts to get interesting.

I currently have a Closer4 option plus Telkom Internet 3GB.

If I changed to Closer3 option plus Neotel 5GB, it would cost me R130 p/m more, but give me 5GB vs 3GB at 400Kb/s vs 384Kb/s

Don't like 24 month contract.