Official Tri-Nations 2011 Thread

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
We can't win the tri nations, i read something about 20 players injured or something along those lines. Thumping of note coming very soon add in pvd we and are liking to be in major trouble :D
I like trouble. Are those Oz and NZ sides second-string as well?

killadoob

Honorary Master
I like trouble. Are those Oz and NZ sides second-string as well?
I highly doubt they have as many injuries as we do. They have been told they are not allowed to field under strength teams nor do i think they would want to. Tri nations should be the stepping stone to finding your ultimate team.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
I highly doubt they have as many injuries as we do. They have been told they are not allowed to field under strength teams nor do i think they would want to. Tri nations should be the stepping stone to finding your ultimate team.
Mmmm- am I the only one calling BS on our list of "injuries"?

DJ...

Banned
Definitely not. What I like though is that we still have a really good "2nd string" team, and personally I have no issue with this tactic in a World Cup year. Nothing whatsoever...

killadoob

Honorary Master
I highly doubt we have as many injuries as we claim to have...
It could very possibly be the case but that would be very stupid in my opinion. That will mean we will go into the world cup with players who have been sidelined for a few months. Imagine we actually do well in the tri nations what happens to those certain to be in the team injured players? Get left out? Play while the the guys who performed get sidelined again?

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Definitely not. What I like though is that we still have a really good "2nd string" team, and personally I have no issue with this tactic in a World Cup year. Nothing whatsoever...
Agreed, although killa's assertion that the TN provides an opportunity to find the right WC team is valuable.

DJ...

Banned
It could very possibly be the case but that would be very stupid in my opinion. That will mean we will go into the world cup with players who have been sidelined for a few months.
We've played more than enough rugby so far this year. Everyone has. In a World Cup year I think this is a smart move - and should be acceptable in terms of SANZAR's rules. Unfortunately Aussie income requirements trump logic, once again...

DJ...

Banned
Agreed, although killa's assertion that the TN provides an opportunity to find the right WC team is valuable.
IMO opinion PdV already knows the make-up of the team, although there is some element of sound reasoning in allowing for last minute fine-tuning to the team, I do agree...

killadoob

Honorary Master
IMO opinion PdV already knows the make-up of the team, although there is some element of sound reasoning in allowing for last minute fine-tuning to the team, I do agree...
Look it's a tough one, we go into the world cup unprepared with players who have had very little game time but no one is injured or we go into the world cup with prepared players.

We will see how it works out because the players are missing now so we can only hope this ploy works but i would rather see a good tri nations performance going into the world cup. I would not like to go to the world on the back of 6 defeats in the tri nations. Confidence is also a big factor but we will see how it plays out.

Devill

Damned
I think about 80% of that list's entries are real injuries.

I wonder if that is why "sure" choice guys like Steyn and Spies are being give a chance to gain some form.
Spies imo on current form is not our best 8th man. Steyn struggled in the beginning of the season but was back to his normal self in the last 6 or so games.
John will also benefit from the game time that he was lacking at the sharks.

Devill

Damned
all Blacks will win the Tri-Nations and the World Cup
Well as in the last three World Cups they will enter as favourites. Maybe this time even more than before with it being held in NZ.
But one would wonder if they can hold it together long enough to win the WC.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Well as in the last three World Cups they will enter as favourites. Maybe this time even more than before with it being held in NZ.
But one would wonder if they can hold it together long enough to win the WC.
I don't know if they will go in heavy favourite, all depends on the tri nations performance which they should walk and i hope they do. If they don't well a hefty bet on them winning the world seems the only logical answer :D

Robocop

I don't want to read the whole post, but have always been the most positive fan. I believe we will win the TN and the WC. AGAIN.

Sent from my Desire HD using MyBroadband Android App

Devill

Damned
lookin forward to weekend
Haha, same here. Think we might see some good running rugby from the "B-side" boks. Also the Aussies will want to show that last weekend was nothing more than a fluke.

Lets hope Cooper does not have one of those "Magical" games that he has had a couple of this S15 season.