Official Tri-Nations 2011 Thread

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
11am odd ko right? Oh well, early braai time .... amped to watch this game, hope the boys can make a nice impact early on.

sand_man

Honorary Master
South Africa: 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Bjorn Basson, 13 Juan De Jongh, 12 Wynand Oliver, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Ashley Johnson, 7 Danie Rossouw, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Flip Van Der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Dean Greyling.
Replacements: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 CJ Van Der Linde, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Jean Deysel, 20 Charl McLeod, 21 Adrian Jacobs, 22 Patrick Lambie.

Devill

Damned
11am odd ko right? Oh well, early braai time .... amped to watch this game, hope the boys can make a nice impact early on.
+1. I hope that we can surprise :D

South Africa: 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Bjorn Basson, 13 Juan De Jongh, 12 Wynand Oliver, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar, 8 Ashley Johnson, 7 Danie Rossouw, 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Flip Van Der Merwe, 3 Werner Kruger, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Dean Greyling.
Replacements: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 CJ Van Der Linde, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Jean Deysel, 20 Charl McLeod, 21 Adrian Jacobs, 22 Patrick Lambie.
I am afraid that with olivier on inside De Jongh will see little of the ball. olivier has a lot of potential but he fails to offload time after time after time and that is just not good enough. :(

sand_man

Honorary Master
I really like the look of this backline. Ruan back at 9 where he belongs, Juan back at 13 where he belongs and what a talent he is. Back 3 dynamic and have the potential to run rings!!

It's the forwards that worry me though. Loose trio are slow and cumbersome, tight 5 untested..

APoc184

Honorary Master
I am afraid that with olivier on inside De Jongh will see little of the ball. olivier has a lot of potential but he fails to offload time after time after time and that is just not good enough. :(
You have to remember. That is the type of game plan the Bulls want him to play.
I was told recently that apparently he doesn't like running those lines and doing "crash ball" all the time. But he was told if he won't do it, they will get somebody else to do it.

I am optimistic about our chances to win on Saturday. Would have loved to see Brussow fit and ready but rather not risk him. We are going to need him in the World Cup.

Devill

Damned
I really like the look of this backline. Ruan back at 9 where he belongs, Juan back at 13 where he belongs and what a talent he is. Back 3 dynamic and have the potential to run rings!!

It's the forwards that worry me though. Loose trio are slow and cumbersome, tight 5 untested..
Mmmm don't know if I would describe Steggies as cubersome. True he has not had the greatest form of late but he is more of a Brussouw flanker than a Schalk Burger.
Danie Rossouw is also a tried and tested player on this level as is Johan Muller and John Smit. let us just hope it is enough to calm the rest of the players.

I also like the look of the back line barring Olivier... but if he can learn to off load in the tackle in the next couple of days we might just surprise :)

sand_man

Honorary Master
I also like the look of the back line barring Olivier... but if he can learn to off load in the tackle in the next couple of days we might just surprise :)
It's ironic but Oliviers form went to s hit quite soon after he was selected for the Bok squad against the Lions...

Prior to that he was the countries premier inside centre alongside Jean...

Devill

Damned
You have to remember. That is the type of game plan the Bulls want him to play.
I was told recently that apparently he doesn't like running those lines and doing "crash ball" all the time. But he was told if he won't do it, they will get somebody else to do it.

I am optimistic about our chances to win on Saturday. Would have loved to see Brussow fit and ready but rather not risk him. We are going to need him in the World Cup.
That would be sad if it is true :( I say he could be a natural inside centre because he is quick footed and he is strong and his defence is above average. But he needs to really spread the ball more.

It's ironic but Oliviers form went to s hit quite soon after he was selected for the Bok squad against the Lions...

Prior to that he was the countries premier inside centre alongside Jean...
True imo as well. Last time he did not shape well in the Bok colours :(

axelblue

Does anyone know who will start in the Wallaby team. Probably the same team more or less that lost against Samoa. Just Cooper, Genia andd Higginbotham in the starting line-up.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Does anyone know who will start in the Wallaby team. Probably the same team more or less that lost against Samoa. Just Cooper, Genia andd Higginbotham in the starting line-up.
Australia: Kurtley Beale; James O'Connor, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane; Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Sekope Kepu, Stephen Moore, Ben Alexander, Rob Simmons, James Horwill, Rocky Elsom, David Pocock, Ben McCalman.

Replacements: Saia Fainga'a, Pek Cowan, Nathan Sharpe, Matt Hodgson, Scott Higginbotham, Nick Phipps, Anthony Fainga'a.

Devill

Damned
Heard there is 7 changes.

Sheepbot

I have a really good feeling about the game on Saturday - I really think our "younger" team has a good chance of toppling the Aussie favourites :D

AutoX

Expert Member
I have a really good feeling about the game on Saturday - I really think our "younger" team has a good chance of toppling the Aussie favourites :D
I hope we can do it, i will be really great mentally for the team moving forward in the tournament:)

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I just hope we spread the ball now and then to Mvovo .... that guy is a joy to watch. Must say that even though I think we may just pull of a win, I don't like the team line up much :/

Devill

Damned
I just hope we spread the ball now and then to Mvovo .... that guy is a joy to watch. Must say that even though I think we may just pull of a win, I don't like the team line up much :/
Do you not like it much but will take it out off the players that make up the group or are there other players you would play that is in the group but not in the starting 22?

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm very much looking forward to watching these guys play. They may be a little out of their depth and green but they shouldn't lack enthusiasm or vigor and in a close, tight game of rugby that could be the deciding factor...