Personal Knowledge Base (PKB) Software or System

RedViking

Nord of the South
For those who are using PKB software or system. What are you using?

I have started with my own PKB many years ago by using HelpNDoc but it is a bit dated and lacks many features. Currently I make good use of Google Keep, but it is very basic.

I would prefer something that is Open Source or have a good backup/export function. I can maybe easily add it to a personal website. It will also work offline and sync to a local drive. Want to be able to safe or embed videos, links, PDF files. It must have a good folder structure. Must be easy to use Tags and search and find.

I record everything from my daily knowledge whether it is work or personal. For example:
1547541253264.png

I know a lot of people are using Evernote but was wondering if there was a better alternative.

Any advice or input is welcomed.

WAslayer

Expert Member
WikiDpad looked like a very good offering at the time when I looked at it, but didn't have cloud sync functionality back then.. perhaps they do now..

RedViking

Nord of the South
WikiDpad looked like a very good offering at the time when I looked at it, but didn't have cloud sync functionality back then.. perhaps they do now..
Looks similar to HelpNDoc, which also lacks cloud sync. I can export HelpNDoc to HTML and add it to my personal webserver/site. But no on the go editing functionality.