Pretoria - Moot FTTH Movement

Cyrex

Cyrex representative
Company Rep
Check Out Frogfoot coverage they have planning on villieria hopefully they will start this soon as i personally know of at least 45 people interested already

McGuywer

Executive Member
Villieria FTTH

Forecast Build Completion: Not Set

Yip, very nice.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
I thought I saw OpenServe working on some lines the other day (by the Moot Hospital). But nothing yet dammit!

Venomous

Honorary Master
I thought I saw OpenServe working on some lines the other day (by the Moot Hospital). But nothing yet dammit!
Where I lived before was same street as a hospital.
The hospital was provided a direct fibre line and the cables to houses/complexes around it was started more than a year after that. :(
Hope yours goes quicker.

PAYBACK

Expert Member

Openserve I have been told have been contracted to do mostly TELKOM day-to-day work. Fiber only small portion of their work load.

Frogfoot closest you'll get is Queenswood.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Hi guys does anyone know if there fiber in Villieria area on 28th avenue towards mountain.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Does not seem to be according to Openserve, nor Frogfoot.
You can contact CISP, they should inform you once there is fibre.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Since there is no certainty about fibre in Rietondale area. What are you guys using currently ?

McGuywer

Executive Member
Not sure about Rietondale, but the Rietfontein main exchange is on 18th Ave, between Beyers and Haarhoff.
Put your address in on www.axxess.co.za, it could give a rough estimate of the speed you can get.
Best however is to put in the actual telephone number.

:)