Red Internet Light on Router

Gamebot145

I have a TrendNet router and the internet light is now red and I have no connection.

While trying this router at another house using my MWEB account details everything works fine. This concludes that my Telkom line is at fault. After phoning Telkom they say that everything is fine on their side and a red light indicates a problem with my ISP username and password which there isn't as it worked at another house.

After resetting my router and when setting it up again online I came across a problem. Usually my router would find the VPI/VCI settings automatically but now it just keeps searching indefinitely.

What could this mean and how can I get my internet working again?

Thanks in advance.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
VPI/VCI: 8/35

try the settings

Username: guest@openserve
Password: guest

If you get dsl sync then its a username/password issue.

xSolmyRx

VPI/VCI: 8/35

try the settings

Username: guest@openserve
Password: guest

If you get dsl sync then its a username/password issue.
Did you do what Rickster said regarding the guest login details?

* Red DSL/Sync light = line problem.
* Red Internet light = authentication problem (usually referring to the username/password).

If you've reset your router, try PPPoE with LLC as the protocol and encapsulation and it is imperative that the VPI/VCI = 8/35.

Gamebot145

Did you do what Rickster said regarding the guest login details?

* Red DSL/Sync light = line problem.
* Red Internet light = authentication problem (usually referring to the username/password).

If you've reset your router, try PPPoE with LLC as the protocol and encapsulation and it is imperative that the VPI/VCI = 8/35.
Yes I have tried the guest account with no success. Also all my settings are precisely as you have written above but there is still a red light with no internet connection.