[RELEASE] DStv Now KODI Add-on

Madaboutbullterriers

Hi there,

I am trying to load this on a firestick with kodi 19. I have added the latest version but when I try to open the zip file there is nothing there am I doing something wrong?

Ellik Swart

Ive got a 20mbps line. No fault with download or upload speeds. Found buffering on live channels but on tv shows and movies on best quality no buffer. Anyone else having same prob? Just to add on the normal android tv dstv now app the qaulity is not stable the last few days. Is this interrelated? Or is it just me?

Ellik Swart

Ive got a 20mbps line. No fault with download or upload speeds. Found buffering on live channels but on tv shows and movies on best quality no buffer. Anyone else having same prob? Just to add on the normal android tv dstv now app the qaulity is not stable the last few days. Is this interrelated? Or is it just me?
Im on kodi 18.3 and lit box

cavedog

Honorary Master
Good luck with addon. DSTV will probably tell you via a lawyer to stop...

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I know a bit off topic, but is showmax free if you are a premium user? If yes, can you use the same login details that you would for Dstv Now?

enerdude

Expert Member
I know a bit off topic, but is showmax free if you are a premium user? If yes, can you use the same login details that you would for Dstv Now?

As far as I know you still need to register on the showmax site but when selecting payment method you select dstv account - it should pick up if you are logged into dstv site else ask your id number and pick it up in that way.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I don't think so...
You can use Stremio without registering anything , login as a guest. What is the point of that YouTube video , terms and conditions of an Apk basically and Americans that need to use a VPN in general when using Apks ?

enerdude

Expert Member
You can use Stremio without registering anything , login as a guest. What is the point of that YouTube video , terms and conditions of an Apk basically and Americans that need to use a VPN in general when using Apks ?

Point is I wont use a program with such T&Cs and I doubt there is a lot of coders creating addons for it compared to kodi.

LeonFR

Thank you for the new upload and fix @js9241698 but am experiencing the same on my side as the post above.
Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with Kodi v18.2 Leia

WiseCrack

Expert Member
Thank you for the new upload and fix @js9241698 but am experiencing the same on my side as the post above.
Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with Kodi v18.2 Leia
I have 50/50 fibre and what I have noticed when using the app through Kodi is that streaming at 1080p will have some degree of buffering and skipped frames when the buffer reaches 0. This is most apparent when trying to watch sport that is streamed live that is being watched by a lot of people ie rugby etc.

This is solved for me by reducing the resolution to 720p. I believe this could be due to DSTV's servers struggling to provide enough bandwidth or some type of throttling on their side. Some channels like Supersport 2 is not effected so much and the buffer runs full to 100% quite quickly.

So the solution seems to be to reduce the max resolution to 720p and on my 55" Tv the quality is still very watchable.

nnahoj

Hi guys, hope the day is treating you well. Thanx once again for great addons I have a question about internet protocol version 6 TCP/IPv6, must it be enabled or disabled? It seems that some addons only work if it is disabled! your comments will be appreciated. also TVNZ OnDemand gives this error: "access to this resource is forbidden by access policy"

Lostboy

I have 50/50 fibre and what I have noticed when using the app through Kodi is that streaming at 1080p will have some degree of buffering and skipped frames when the buffer reaches 0. This is most apparent when trying to watch sport that is streamed live that is being watched by a lot of people ie rugby etc.

This is solved for me by reducing the resolution to 720p. I believe this could be due to DSTV's servers struggling to provide enough bandwidth or some type of throttling on their side. Some channels like Supersport 2 is not effected so much and the buffer runs full to 100% quite quickly.

So the solution seems to be to reduce the max resolution to 720p and on my 55" Tv the quality is still very watchable.
Same issue for me streaming at 1080p live sport, reduced to 720p which is decent enough for me, no buffering since.

js9241698

@cavedog

A take-down already has happened....

Hence why it's hosted on anonfile now :)
Trying to stop it is a waste of time and makes them look like a-holes.

Just pushed 0.9.13

Update to matts latest common
No major changes
Just a few fixes behind the scenes

Get it here:

WiseCrack

Expert Member
What I have also noticed is when I load Kodi 18.3 from my windows 10 pc I can stream at 1080p without any buffering at all. Buffer goes immediately to 100% and stays full no matter what.

When I switch to my Amlogic S912 TV box running coreelec 9.03 I have issues streaming 1080p and the buffer seems to start at 15% and sometimes drop to 0% causing skipped frames. Both are connected via wired connection so it might just be that my cheap chinese TV box is not powerful enough to run the 1080p streams without causing dropped frames.

Peon

Expert Member
What I have also noticed is when I load Kodi 18.3 from my windows 10 pc I can stream at 1080p without any buffering at all. Buffer goes immediately to 100% and stays full no matter what.

When I switch to my Amlogic S912 TV box running coreelec 9.03 I have issues streaming 1080p and the buffer seems to start at 15% and sometimes drop to 0% causing skipped frames. Both are connected via wired connection so it might just be that my cheap chinese TV box is not powerful enough to run the 1080p streams without causing dropped frames.

Indeed. I was trying to stream 1080P on a Pi and it couldnt graft so well. So I loaded Kodi onto a Microserver and its pure bliss. Gotta watch out for 1080P, your hardware needs to be powerful enough.