RTX 3080

genetic

Honorary Master
Do not waste your money buying from local stores who get it from some sort of disgusting importer. Charger higher than Local Apple does, i mean, jesus ****ing christ. I would love to know who owns the distribution rights. Cant imagine they run their business very well if this is the route they took, cant be too hard to get them replaced by NVIDIA.

Buy from Amazon or Newegg, both ship to SA, both will include all taxes and other non-sense, and you will end up paying nearly half.

Lol, pass the spliff there buddy.

ponder

Honorary Master
Do not waste your money buying from local stores who get it from some sort of disgusting importer. Charger higher than Local Apple does, i mean, jesus ****ing christ. I would love to know who owns the distribution rights. Cant imagine they run their business very well if this is the route they took, cant be too hard to get them replaced by NVIDIA.

Buy from Amazon or Newegg, both ship to SA, both will include all taxes and other non-sense, and you will end up paying nearly half.

It's not as black & white as you make it out to be...

Genisys

Honorary Master
Seems like AMD screwed the pooch, not really worth considering AMD when looking at the RTX 3080 and what ever the new AMD card is called

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Seems like AMD screwed the pooch, not really worth considering AMD when looking at the RTX 3080 and what ever the new AMD card is called

Keynote is here,

Fanbois already losing their schizzles in the Twitch chat.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Seems like not even the competition could beat the scalpers...

Yah well, but going by that slide the 6800 will destroy the 3700, and the 6800 XT is beating the 3080. However, I don't quite know what rage mode and smart access memory entails.

Genisys

Honorary Master
Keynote is here,

Fanbois already losing their schizzles in the Twitch chat.
Only issue is they are comparing to a 3080 and they are not going into details about the specs of the system they did their benchmarks on. We will see when independent reviews come out, but I suspect that there is a small issue of the reviewers having to use a specific AMD CPU to get the best out of their GPU.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Only issue is they are comparing to a 3080 and they are not going into details about the specs of the system they did their benchmarks on. We will see when independent reviews come out, but I suspect that there is a small issue of the reviewers having to use a specific AMD CPU to get the best out of their GPU.
They gave exact details of the test rigs in the post event credits.

Ryzen 5900X, 16GB DDR4 etc.

Obviously we wait for 3rd party benchmarks, but even if they show the cards 5% below claimed performance, it's still a massive upgrade from AMD and a brilliant move toward gaining marketshare.

Now to start shopping and selling **** I don't need.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Specs aren't relevant at the moment. Real world benchmarks will tell the story. Just note that AMD is backing every claim with their Infinity Cache. The broadcast is broken unfortunately and I would have appreciated seeing them elaborate on this in marketing terms.

Genisys

Honorary Master
They gave exact details of the test rigs in the post event credits.

Ryzen 5900X, 16GB DDR4 etc.

Obviously we wait for 3rd party benchmarks, but even if they show the cards 5% below claimed performance, it's still a massive upgrade from AMD and a brilliant move toward gaining marketshare.

Now to start shopping and selling **** I don't need.
Is the RTX 3080 that great value?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

I am curious why they compared the RX 6800 to the 2080Ti?

Apparently because the 3070 isn't officially released yet.

EDIT: I mean, if nothing else, if AMD were to claim that the 6800 is x% faster than the 3070, you know they are lying through their teeth because they don't have a 3070 and can't possibly know that.

Reviews of the 3070 have launched but the card is not available for sale yet.