Samsung Galaxy note killing ADSL

Scobs

Hi

I desperately need some help please. I have a 4mb line and whenever I connect my phone (SGN3), it immediately kills the speed neither my device nor any other can connect. I have had 2 telkom guys at my house this morning and they proved that its my phone. I have battled since October 2014 but since 1 June it became unusable really. All I can do is send and receive whatsapp messages. :confused::mad:

joeyhza

had the same issue - i rooted mine and loaded a custom rom and radio - problem solved

slvR

Expert Member
It's probably trying to backup data and it saturates your upload essentially killing all connectivity.

A

arr0w

Hi

I desperately need some help please. I have a 4mb line and whenever I connect my phone (SGN3), it immediately kills the speed neither my device nor any other can connect. I have had 2 telkom guys at my house this morning and they proved that its my phone. I have battled since October 2014 but since 1 June it became unusable really. All I can do is send and receive whatsapp messages. :confused::mad:

What version of android are you running?

Scobs

Interestingly I did download and start using google photos on the 30th May, but all the syncing is complete by now surely?

A

arr0w

My sister had a similar situation on her GS4.Her S4 ate through 1gb of data and airtime without changes to her daily usage.

Check data usage on your phone, there is a background process/app called unified daemon that wastes your data.

Unified daemon updates your news feed, weather feed etc.

20130718180949746_7J5YNZ5V.png

Last edited by a moderator:

slvR

Expert Member
Interestingly I did download and start using google photos on the 30th May, but all the syncing is complete by now surely?

of necessarily. if you have a lot of images and a slow uplink like most of us do it can take a VERY long time to upload if you count the hours your phone is actually on charge and connected to wifi.