Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@506easyEASY

Seems we all have that problem with virgin on the sgs2... I've used a prepaid virgin sim and it worked fine, but doesn't work on my contract sim
 
I just wiped my phone with the supplied cloth a couple times, and half peeled away the screen protector and stuck it right on in the middle of our lounge. No dust no particles no bubbles..
 
i could never get this right


[video=youtube;ClV7HB8W35w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClV7HB8W35w[/video]
 
Stock vodacom kernel and rom available ?

Hello there


I flashed a few roms on my sgs2 but I was wondering if there someplace one can get the stock vodacom sgs2 rom,
just in case something should go wrong in future ?


Thanks
 
For those of you who flashed the leaked 2.3.4, does it still have the Drive and Walk app (Route66) installed? It would be a shame to lose that.
 
I have just asked for the stock Vodacom ROM on XDA, but it isn't available on the firmware server yet.
I will post a link when it becomes available.
 
I don't know about everyone else, but I am actually quite disappointed in Drive 'n Walk.
It is a real PITA that you cannot search for street names only - you need to put in a suburb first. I also have found that I can't find some streets, even when I do put in the correct suburb first. It would be usable if you could put a street name, and then display all the results, then be able to pick the correct one.

For those of you who flashed the leaked 2.3.4, does it still have the Drive and Walk app (Route66) installed? It would be a shame to lose that.
 
For those of you who flashed the leaked 2.3.4, does it still have the Drive and Walk app (Route66) installed? It would be a shame to lose that.

I can confirm that Drive & Walk is not included in the 2.3.4 Firmware as of yet. Just keep refreshing XDA pages to see if there are any new updates.
 
I installed a Case Mate screen protector on my SGS2 using both the 'steamed up' bathroom and my trusty 'little-bit-o-dishwashing-liquid-in-a-spray-bottle' method that I use on all my sticker applications. After applying the protector, moisture will be trapped under the protector, but this can be squeezed out even after a few hours.

The experience gained when applying screen protectors to my Nokia 5800 help me with my SGS2's protector. After going through 5 screen protectors on my 5800 trying to stick them on without using the previous methods, I managed to place my last one on in next to no time and without a single bubble or a single dust particle being trapped under the protector. I gave it an hour or so to allow the moisture, that I could not squeeze out, to dissapate.

In in hindsight, I don't think the steamed up bathroom is really that necessary when using the spray bottle method as any dust particles are squeezed out with the water, but there's no harm in doing both.

***DISCLAIMER: Use water on your phone at your own risk.

tnx for this! I see people getting confused with the markings front / back / whatever... any tips with regards to that?
(guys who installed the steinheil screen protectors plz help)
 
Last edited:
Hey guys,
Wow, impressive lead time from MTN, kuddos to them.
As mention in earlier posts, I got a call yesterday (after calling MTN Retentions on 13/07/2077) that my SGS2 will arrive on Monday 18/07/2011.
I was shocked when my receptionist said there was a courier guy @ front desk from MTN here with a delivery (15/07/2011).
And yes, it was the SGS2.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW it is a beaut of a mobile device, as I refuse to call the SGS2 a cellphone, it's simply more than just a cellphone ;)
The SGS2 display is crisp clear, its ultra thin, ultra light.

Im also VERY very impressed with Android, since this is my first android coming from N97.
All I can say now, I'll never go back to Nokia :) I've played with it quite awhile back for like 5mins or so, but today I've really played with it.
Its on its first charge now, so will probably play with it again tomorrow after a FULL+ charge - CANT WAIT, hehe.

Only regret now thou is, my accessories(screen protector, case & 32mb sdhc card) haven't arrived. SHOULD HAVE ORDERED EARLIER :(
Thought I'd only get the SGS2 after 25/07/2011 since thats when I was eligable for an upgrade...

Anyways, I will keep an eye on this thread, since I think this will become the official SGS2 thread *Hint*Hint* Mods... I think CodeMaster has mentioned it as well...

Cheers
D
 
Picked mine up from MTN Thursday afternoon. Started the device up in the store, signed in to my google account, and before I left the store my contacts were synced. Just that makes it worth the while!
 
I can confirm that Drive & Walk is not included in the 2.3.4 Firmware as of yet. Just keep refreshing XDA pages to see if there are any new updates.

Might just have to use Titanium Backup to get Route66 on the 2.3.4 ROM then.
 
Last edited:
Picked mine up from MTN Thursday afternoon. Started the device up in the store, signed in to my google account, and before I left the store my contacts were synced. Just that makes it worth the while!

Just another reason to love android.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App
 
ok, maybe not the easiest, but this, like the google sync, is 100%
This is how I did mine:

Since I didn't have a sd card in my N97, took the 1 that came with SGS2, copied my contacts onto into, popped it back in the SGS2 and used the imported from SD Card option.
Voila, my contacts are now in my SGS2.
Busy trying to get my messages (sms & mms) into the SGS2 now, trying via SPB's Migration tool, lets see if that works...

Cheers
D
 
For those wondering, mtn and virgin mobile in brooklyn mall has stock

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MyBroadband Android App
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X