Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you go through all the rooting, loading a new custom ROM, etc. - have you switched off your pc and phone and switched it back on?

Yeah - that is sometimes the problem, failing which, if we can get him to root and then download Slimrom, the drivers in the rom might sort out the problem. The problem could either be on the phone (software or hardware) or on his pc/laptop - either way if he is rooted, he won't need to connect to his laptop to flash anything again
 
Spring clean day!

Just did a factory reset and reinstalled my apps again. Lots of apps that I'm not installing again, used it like once or twice and just taking up storage space. Well...not that the S2 has a problem with apps storage space, but you never know. :D

Phone feels fast and responsive. Apps fly. :love:
 
Has anyone used the new AOKP MR1 Build 5 ROM?

I am using the latest Omega ROM and I am enjoying it, just wondering if I should check out the AOKP ROM? Never used one before, always went the custom "custom" route. (yes that is 2 customs).

Let me know your thoughts.
 
Thanks for those that helped me. Running stock Jelly Bean now.

I did a wipe of data and cache but internal memory wasn't touched. How does one format it?
 
Thanks for those that helped me. Running stock Jelly Bean now.

I did a wipe of data and cache but internal memory wasn't touched. How does one format it?

Ooh, watch yourself there. Be careful how you go about this - you don't want to end up losing some rather critical folders, like EFS for example.

That said, I have done so in the past using CWM Recovery. It was a complete format though, and I had to reinstall everything. Best done between updates, I find.
 
So guys, I have a short story to share...

Today, I REALLY tried to change over to iOS. Having this iPhone 5, its outward beauty tempted me and lured me. So I powered down my faithful S2, and switched over to the iPhone.

Wow... As much as I tried, I could not feel comfortable with this phone. It really has so many limitations, so little control ceded to the owner, and even jailbreaking was not as helpful in that regard as I had hoped.

Walled in garden- that is the most perfect description of iOS that there is. I actually felt claustrophobic using the device.

So it's back to stock iOS 6.1.3, and on the markets for sale (initial buyer pulled out at the last minute). And it feels so GOOD to be back on Android!! :D
 
Wow... As much as I tried, I could not feel comfortable with this phone. It really has so many limitations, so little control ceded to the owner
Find this strange, I use my iPhone 5 (stock 6.1.3) & S2 (CM10.1 JB4.2.2) interchangeably , and while they are different, I don't ever find a situation when using the iPhone I wish were on, or must switch to Android? Maybe I'm just a basic user, how do you feel restricted?

Come to think of it, there is one little thing the other way, JB4.2.2 Email doesn't recognize telephone numbers in emails. To be fair its a Google problem, as Samsung's Email app does.
 
Find this strange, I use my iPhone 5 (stock 6.1.3) & S2 (CM10.1 JB4.2.2) interchangeably , and while they are different, I don't ever find a situation when using the iPhone I wish were on, or must switch to Android? Maybe I'm just a basic user, how do you feel restricted?

I don't know how to adequately describe it. It was just very odd.

I just found a few things flawed on a basic level: changing the ringtone to a custom one, having to add my contacts and calendar separately, the purpose of the notification centre. Which in absolute fairness is more to do with how I am accustomed to doing things in Android compared to iOS.

I suppose I feel that it's a bit too much of a stretch to use iOS for my smartphone needs- it is too basic, walled in and at times over complicated for simple things in comparison to Android. I can accept this on a tablet, because media consumption, ease of use and quality of apps are paramount.

But at the moment- I don't think that I can live with an iPhone. As beautifully designed as it is- I was really let down by iOS. It just stuck out as boring.
 
People can start using Dori again, looks rock stable. Just maybe a tad slow on default settings but I recon that means better battery life.
 
Ooh, watch yourself there. Be careful how you go about this - you don't want to end up losing some rather critical folders, like EFS for example.

That said, I have done so in the past using CWM Recovery. It was a complete format though, and I had to reinstall everything. Best done between updates, I find.

mmm...maybe later. Just set up everything up again.

How do you guys get your display to not drain so much battery?

I'm on 19% from 12 hours. Screen has consumed 79%.

Using a black background with some gray in it.
 
Last edited:
mmm...maybe ate. Just set up my everything again.

How do you guys get your display to not drain so much battery?

I'm on 19% from 12 hours. Screen has consumed 79%.

Using a black background with some gray in it.

What's your screen on time?

You using auto brightness?
 
Screen on time 3h 43m

Brightness is on lowest possible settings.

Screen timeout: 1 minute

Smart stay: On

That is not bad.

I've got extended battery and best screen on time is six hours.

Some apps are just ridiculous, like Facebook, and chows through a battery in record time.

If you use Facebook a lot, never ask why you have poor battery life.
 
That is not bad.

I've got extended battery and best screen on time is six hours.

Some apps are just ridiculous, like Facebook, and chows through a battery in record time.

If you use Facebook a lot, never ask why you have poor battery life.

hahaha! Thanks...now I know.

I've enabled power saving, so I'll see if that changes anything in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X