I have been following this thread for a while since I also wanted to buy the SGS2. I ordered the phone on Tuesday and it was delivered the next day late afternoon. I am on a Vodacom Business call contract (R185) and had to pay in R2300 and at the time of ordering I dint have a monthly option just once off.
Still cant decide on a case, really interested in the SGP Neo hybrid but the only place I can find is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160613891880 I emailed them and they said they have had problems delivering to South Africa and the best option would be to pay ($20) for shipping. Clove.co.uk is very expensive as well so im leaving out that store as well.
With the problems people have had with the official SGP store I don't feel that is a option either. Anyone that have ordered a case/screen protector care that has been delivered care to give a link.
Is there anyone who is going to be rooting their SGS2 and loading a custom ROM? The benefits are very attractive but don't know if voiding the warranty so early is a good idea. Check out
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1081368