Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
if root my phone (s2) and tinker with the roms, will i still have access to the samsung drive and walk gps app thing?
 
if root my phone (s2) and tinker with the roms, will i still have access to the samsung drive and walk gps app thing?

Use app backup and restore or Titanium backup to make a backup copy of drive and walk.
After installing a new rom, restore the app only. Restoring data too, might cause problems on another rom..... thing :D
 
You only have issues restoring data with a system app. I've restored user apps with their data countless times, with no issues.
 
You only have issues restoring data with a system app. I've restored user apps with their data countless times, with no issues.

I need to check again, but I am almost 100% sure drive and walk is under system apps ... other than that - you are absolutely correct
 
I need to check again, but I am almost 100% sure drive and walk is under system apps ... other than that - you are absolutely correct

Indeed it is. Never gave me problems though - but then again, I seem to have lost my licences. I prefer Waze, Google Maps, or NaviFree anyway. ;)
 
Anyone on Siyah 3.3.2 and not experiencing any issues?

Can i downgrade to 3.2.7.2 if i dont like 3.3.2?
 
Anyone on Siyah 3.3.2 and not experiencing any issues?

Can i downgrade to 3.2.7.2 if i dont like 3.3.2?

I am switching between 3.2.7.2, 3.2.7.1 and 3.3.2 (too often), and I can not figure out which one I like most.
People on XDA complained that 3.2.7.2 and 3.3.2 has wi-fi issues, but to me on any of the mentioned versions it's all the same to me.

No, I didn't have issues with 3.3.2
Yes you can downgrade back to 3.2.7.2
 
Sweet thanks, i have seen an improvement in wifi going from stock kernel to siyah 3.2.7.2
 
Indeed it is. Never gave me problems though - but then again, I seem to have lost my licences. I prefer Waze, Google Maps, or NaviFree anyway. ;)

Won't this only be a system app if you are moving over to another Samsung based ROM? On AOSP, the Samsung apps come up as just that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X