Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thanks. I'm on v20 and it's solid. What's the best kernel for Omega v20 at the moment? I haven't read xda in a while :p

I have no idea, just using the default one here.
Since flashing, 76 hours uptime and not one freeze/crash/bug detected or restart needed!!! I'm one happy chappy :)
 
So, our beloved S2 phone was announced in February 2011, which is exactly two years ago, and was released on April 2011, which we're only a month away from.

Just shy from two years old! :love:

Given that it was announced and fully functional at MWC 2011, doesn't it technically make it two years old already?
 
Omega looks good so far. Not anywhere as much awake time as with the Spanish JB ROM. Will be able to give a better analysis after a few days.
 
UHMS8 has been released, newer changelist than Spanish rom, waiting for some comments on it but hopefully some battery life improvements.
 
2 years on, and still giving even newer high-end phones a run for their money...
I dont know so much. While the S2 is ageing well, largely due to its extensive dev support, it no longer quite matches current era smartphones on fundamental functionality.

For instance my iPhone 5 is faster/smoother, has a better display, faster connectivity, superior voice clarity/call setup times, better stock battery life, faster recharge times, just to name a few. And I'm sure the S3/Nexus4 would compare similarly to the S2.
 
I dont know so much. While the S2 is ageing well, largely due to its extensive dev support, it no longer quite matches current era smartphones on fundamental functionality.

For instance my iPhone 5 is faster/smoother, has a better display, faster connectivity, superior voice clarity/call setup times, better stock battery life, faster recharge times, just to name a few. And I'm sure the S3/Nexus4 would compare similarly to the S2.

Nothing about the iPhone 5 is really outstanding & it has a smaller display than my S2. :p

I'm a big fan of Super AMOLED displays and prefer it to LCD.

My S2's JB OS is buttery smooth, it runs any and every app with ease, GPS locks in a second, sound is really good, music app & widgets are sublime, etc.

So, you can enjoy your iPhone 5, but I would rather use my S2. :D
 
I dont know so much. While the S2 is ageing well, largely due to its extensive dev support, it no longer quite matches current era smartphones on fundamental functionality.

For instance my iPhone 5 is faster/smoother, has a better display, faster connectivity, superior voice clarity/call setup times, better stock battery life, faster recharge times, just to name a few. And I'm sure the S3/Nexus4 would compare similarly to the S2.

Just one thing, it still runs on ios.
Have a nice day.

:rolleyes:
 
I dont know so much. While the S2 is ageing well, largely due to its extensive dev support, it no longer quite matches current era smartphones on fundamental functionality.

For instance my iPhone 5 is faster/smoother, has a better display, faster connectivity, superior voice clarity/call setup times, better stock battery life, faster recharge times, just to name a few. And I'm sure the S3/Nexus4 would compare similarly to the S2.

Bit of an unfair comparison to the iPhone 5 don't you think? I would be more inclined to compare it to the HTC One X's and Lumia 810's of the world... And I think that it still does pretty darn well :)
 
So, you can enjoy your iPhone 5, but I would rather use my S2. :D
I use and enjoy both daily (for different reasons), but I cant dismiss the performance differential. My S2 is also smooth mostly (now on Omega20 usually CM10.1), but the iPhone 5 is on a different level, for example the ballistic scrolling effect.

Just one thing, it still runs on ios.
Yes, and what mainstream smartphone function is iOS 6.1.2 limited in?

Bit of an unfair comparison to the iPhone 5 don't you think?
Of course it is, but was responding to ..."still giving even newer high-end phones a run for their money ..."
 
Dorimanx 8.0 is out for CM 10.1 ROMS and dual boots JB samsung ROMS too
Have you been able to get it working?

Would luv to dual boot CM10.1 nightly (AOSP 4.2.2) & Omega 20 (Sam 4.1.2), but the title post (updated 24 Feb) still states ...

WARNING:
It's not possible to dual-boot with the JB SAMMY ROMs in any combination.
So, please! don't try it and don't report it as a bug, it's a known issue.
 
Last edited:
Do you guys think it is android holding our smoothness back or is it just that the S2 hardware is getting a bit old?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X