Samsung Galaxy S2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using any 4.2.2 Roms, any recommendations? My S2 needs a new ROM, been probably a year without any updates.
For me, CM10.1 (nightlies) with inverted gapps. My preference is the clean/classy Nexus Holo type look, but with the flexibility of far greater customisation.
 
Use the app CyanDelta...reduces the download dramatically. Only downloads the changes.

PS. Slimbean 4.2.2 is officially out :)
 
Last edited:
Do you do a full wipe after a CM update?

I see it is recommended, but I cannot see anything changing that drastically?
 
My battery life sucks ass on 4.3 btw. 8 houra with the extended battery. Sadness.

I flashed 4.3 again to help testing for Siyah kernel, but then after testing flashed Philz kernel. Here is my battery result for now on extended battery:
uploadfromtaptalk1362213052642.jpg
 
Request please: My battery cover for some reason broke. If any one the bought an extended battery with a cover have the original cover (black) just lying there please help me out. I can get it from eBay but that will take for ever.
 
My battery life has definitely improved after installing Omega V20 compared to stock 4.1.2. Still not amazing battery performance but can get easily through the day without the annoying battery low alarm.
 
Has anyone tried the pacman rom? Anyone care to report :-) the stock kernel was great, but I don't know if the issues in having now are from dorimanx,like the wifi toggle and screen rotate switch.
 
Sorry if this has been asked before: Anyone on the latest Omega getting random boot loops? Twice now this has happened, both times while I was walking around in the mall, both times on a Saturday :erm: Anyway, I randomly take out my phone only to see the S2 startup logo, and that's it. Once I do a factory wipe it works, but then I have to set up everything again, and it really makes the phone unreliable. Maybe time for a new ROM? :/
 
Sorry if this has been asked before: Anyone on the latest Omega getting random boot loops? Twice now this has happened, both times while I was walking around in the mall, both times on a Saturday :erm: Anyway, I randomly take out my phone only to see the S2 startup logo, and that's it. Once I do a factory wipe it works, but then I have to set up everything again, and it really makes the phone unreliable. Maybe time for a new ROM? :/

Haven't had any issues like that yet. Only problem I had so far is the voice assistant app didn't want to start yesterday (home button double tap) but that's about it - which came right after a while. Other than that it's been pretty smooth.
 
Did you flash over an exsiting ROM or over stock firmware?

Flash a stock ROM again, and the flash the latest ROM per instructions. That is usually the way to go if you have problems that no one else has.
 
Sorry if this has been asked before: Anyone on the latest Omega getting random boot loops? Twice now this has happened, both times while I was walking around in the mall, both times on a Saturday :erm: Anyway, I randomly take out my phone only to see the S2 startup logo, and that's it. Once I do a factory wipe it works, but then I have to set up everything again, and it really makes the phone unreliable. Maybe time for a new ROM? :/

Dunno about the latest, but I had that a few updates back - that was when I moved to SlimROM.
 
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I loaded ParanoidAndroid 3.1 but the rom has some issues, the phone resets each time it's restarted.

For now I'm enjoying some 4.2.2 goodness on my Note 2, loaded CarbonRom and enjoying it.

You can give Supernexus a go as well, been using it as daily driver for a long time now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X