CodeMaster
Expert Member
My wife uses one on her S3, seems to be good quality. The nice thing about the original Samsung one is that it replaces your battery cover, so when it comes to selling the phone, your battery cover stays in good nick.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Please can someone share a how-to-guide to root a Samsung S3?
Will this guide work, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957273?
So I've rooted my phone. Done.
Next I want to install the CyanogenMod, but reading the how to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2035141 it says I need to do a Data Wipe / Factory Reset? Do I really need to?
So I've rooted my phone. Done.
Next I want to install the CyanogenMod, but reading the how to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2035141 it says I need to do a Data Wipe / Factory Reset? Do I really need to?
I want some advice from you S3 users. I currently have the S2 and am only due an upgrade in October 2013 when I will probably be getting the S4. I can now get a 4 month old S3 for R3500. This seems to be a very good price. My thinking is to take the S3 and sell it again in October for probably the same. Should I go for this or just patiently wait for upgrade time.
I want some advice from you S3 users. I currently have the S2 and am only due an upgrade in October 2013 when I will probably be getting the S4. I can now get a 4 month old S3 for R3500. This seems to be a very good price. My thinking is to take the S3 and sell it again in October for probably the same. Should I go for this or just patiently wait for upgrade time.
I want some advice from you S3 users. I currently have the S2 and am only due an upgrade in October 2013 when I will probably be getting the S4. I can now get a 4 month old S3 for R3500. This seems to be a very good price. My thinking is to take the S3 and sell it again in October for probably the same. Should I go for this or just patiently wait for upgrade time.
I say wait for the upgrade. Maybe you drop the S3, crack the screen, and then it actually costs you R5000 including the cost of the new screen.
Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 using Rom manager. My phone rebooted to install and has been displaying the CyanogenMod for the past 10 minutes, is this normal?
No its not... Try doing a factory reset in Clockwork Mod Recovery. Get there by holding vol up + home + power button while switching the phone on...
This is also where you should be flashing CM from rather than Rom manager
Thanks, sorted. Running CyanogenMod. Yay
So what are the latest short falls of cm?
Thinking of going back.
Apparently there are major issues with the camera, but I haven't used the default Android camera for over a year so I wouldn't know about that.
Yes that won't be fixed (blame Samsung), but I thought its a driver issue, so wouldn't it affect all camera apps?
It's the only major gripe with cm. There was also a memory leak issue, which made me go back to omega. But this was a long time ago.