Samsung Galaxy S3

Search cacell.co.za on this forum and find out.

Seen both positive and negative comments - and have now been told their stock is grey, but you get the same warranty.

Good pricing though
 
It looks like the official Jelly Bean update could start rolling out on 29 August :p
According to the guys of GSMArena Samsung will update the Galaxy S III to Jelly Bean on August 29th.
We of SamMobile reported this sometime ago already.
Samsung is waiting on the certification of Jelly Bean by Google but this looks fine.
If everything goes by plan, we will see the first Jelly Bean updates for the Galaxy S III by the end of August.
Samsung will try to release this update the fastest way as possible.
In the first place Europe and Asia will get the update.
You will be able to use OTA (over the air) or Samsung’s own update program called KIES or of course ODIN for the diehard flasher!
Make sure you keep your eyes on our website or on one of our twitter channels.

Source

Also there is a Microsoft Sky Drive app coming soon
Microsoft has announced a SkyDrive application for Android coming our way in the coming weeks. Its functionality will be similar to the one offered by its Windows Phone and iOS counterparts.

Source

Good times :D
 
That Bid or Buy deal is hard to beat unless you do as Mike suggested and get one off Gumtree or OLX. I scored a brand new sealed 32GB for R5K off Gumtree, so there really are deals to be grabbed.
 
I originally was totally against covers, but I just found a crack on the screen corner. I've only dropped it three times and basically from the bed or couch. Dang they might as well have made a 10mm phone. Douchebags
 
This was the result of brick staircase vs Galaxy Note.

1nYWy.jpg
 
I originally was totally against covers, but I just found a crack on the screen corner. I've only dropped it three times and basically from the bed or couch. Dang they might as well have made a 10mm phone. Douchebags

Problem I have found with the S3 without a cover is it is very slippery. That coupled with its larger size makes it very susceptible to dropping.
 
So a colleague walks in my office today with a brand new S3. I was pleasantly surprised since he was debating between a Nokia something-something and a Blackberry. Seems Autopage have the S3 on special.

Here's the kick though, and I'm ready to be flamed. I played around with his phone a bit and.... well, no sugarcoating it... with all that hardware and all those cores the OS STILL can't compete with the iPhone in terms of responsiveness. Argue all you want. Pick up an iPhone 4 or 4S and compare paging through menus, opening apps, closing apps etc. Changing landscape to protrait was just as laggy.

Wft android?

Flame on.
 
So a colleague walks in my office today with a brand new S3. I was pleasantly surprised since he was debating between a Nokia something-something and a Blackberry. Seems Autopage have the S3 on special.

Here's the kick though, and I'm ready to be flamed. I played around with his phone a bit and.... well, no sugarcoating it... with all that hardware and all those cores the OS STILL can't compete with the iPhone in terms of responsiveness. Argue all you want. Pick up an iPhone 4 or 4S and compare paging through menus, opening apps, closing apps etc. Changing landscape to protrait was just as laggy.

Wft android?

Flame on.

I can't argue that but you should try JB on the S3. Will swing your thoughts around very quickly. Android is making huge strides with GUI related stuff now.

I don't really see the point of an iPhone being so smooth though. That screen is so tiny, your thumb almost covers it hiding the view of the smooth transitions :D
 
So a colleague walks in my office today with a brand new S3. I was pleasantly surprised since he was debating between a Nokia something-something and a Blackberry. Seems Autopage have the S3 on special.<br />
<br />
Here's the kick though, and I'm ready to be flamed. I played around with his phone a bit and.... well, no sugarcoating it... with all that hardware and all those cores the OS STILL can't compete with the iPhone in terms of responsiveness. Argue all you want. Pick up an iPhone 4 or 4S and compare paging through menus, opening apps, closing apps etc. Changing landscape to protrait was just as laggy.<br />
<br />
Wft android?<br />
<br />
Flame on.
Haha Haha Haha Haha wait wait, nope Haha Haha Haha Haha.
 
So a colleague walks in my office today with a brand new S3. I was pleasantly surprised since he was debating between a Nokia something-something and a Blackberry. Seems Autopage have the S3 on special.

Here's the kick though, and I'm ready to be flamed. I played around with his phone a bit and.... well, no sugarcoating it... with all that hardware and all those cores the OS STILL can't compete with the iPhone in terms of responsiveness. Argue all you want. Pick up an iPhone 4 or 4S and compare paging through menus, opening apps, closing apps etc. Changing landscape to protrait was just as laggy.

Wft android?

Flame on.


Sorry, but you must have had a dud unit then. Coming from the iPhone 4 and 4s I can confidently say that is a load of horse manure. The responsiveness is on par if not better than the iPhone. And laggy? :wtf: I would recommend trying someone else's unit. :p
 
Pick up an iPhone 4 or 4S and compare paging through menus, opening apps, closing apps etc. Changing landscape to protrait was just as laggy.

Flame on.
Ah, the lag argument. Used to hear it when I owned Nokia and now I'm hearing it after making the move to Android. Seems that lag curse is following me... although I can not claim to ever know what the naysayers are referring to. I blink and the page has changed...
 
I can't argue that but you should try JB on the S3.
Kind of my point. You don't have to jailbreak an iPhone to get response.

Sorry, but you must have had a dud unit then
How many dud iPhones have you ever heard of? I hardly believe the hardware is at fault. I'm going to bet that a ROM change will probably improve things. Still - why should it be necessary?
 
Out of three of my mates who have iPhones only one thinks it is better than my S3, as everything in life it is about personal choice. One of the guys is an apple "fanboi" all his computers and laptops are Apple products he has an iPhone but he still says he wished he had got an S3 instead.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X