Samsung Galaxy S3

Kind of my point. You don't have to jailbreak an iPhone to get response.


How many dud iPhones have you ever heard of? I hardly believe the hardware is at fault. I'm going to bet that a ROM change will probably improve things. Still - why should it be necessary?


iPhone out of the box is also sluggish as hell. Slow animations make it feel sluggish. Install FakeClockup and it allows you to speed up the animation and the phone is a different animal.

Well I don't really understand then what the issue is, I have stock standard S3 and it is smooth as butter and faster than my iPhone.
 
JB on Android = JellyBean. Android 4.1 IOW.
Apologies for misunderstanding. So the S3 doesn't come with JB installed? Again/Still - why ship a phone with sub par performance?
Out of three of my mates who have iPhones only one thinks it is better than my S3, as everything in life it is about personal choice. One of the guys is an apple "fanboi" all his computers and laptops are Apple products he has an iPhone but he still says he wished he had got an S3 instead.
I'm happy for them. I'm not here to change affection for devices. I'm stating what my experience was with one device vs the other device. 100% objective. 0% opinion/preference.

iPhone out of the box is also sluggish as hell. Slow animations make it feel sluggish. Install FakeClockup and it allows you to speed up the animation and the phone is a different animal.
What slow animation? Please video record what you're talking about and share. I have yet to experience slow animation / navigation on iphone 4 / 4s.
Well I don't really understand then what the issue is, I have stock standard S3 and it is smooth as butter and faster than my iPhone.
Again, I'd like to see this slow iPhone. I hold both devices side by side and navigate around the OS. The delay when swiping on the S3 is noticeable. The iPhone is instant. I wouldn't compare the S3's responsiveness to the iPhone 3Gs IOS4+ but there is a delay.
 
Last edited:
Apologies for misunderstanding. So the S3 doesn't come with JB installed? Again/Still - why ship a phone with sub par performance?

No worry.

Like others here, I did not find performance to be lacking. JB just improves it.
I have quite a range of devices (including iOS) and find the S3 superior to them all.

At the time of release, JB was not ready which is why it shipped with ICS.
Official JB is planned for 29 Aug release for the S3.

No different to firmware upgrades on the iPhone really. Newer improved ones come all the time.
 
Apologies for misunderstanding. So the S3 doesn't come with JB installed? Again/Still - why ship a phone with sub par performance?

I'm happy for them. I'm not here to change affection for devices. I'm stating what my experience was with one device vs the other device. 100% objective. 0% opinion/preference.


What slow animation? Please video record what you're talking about and share. I have yet to experience slow animation / navigation on iphone 4 / 4s.

Again, I'd like to see this slow iPhone. I hold both devices side by side and navigate around the OS. The delay when swiping on the S3 is noticeable. The iPhone is instant. I wouldn't compare the S3's responsiveness to the iPhone 3Gs IOS4+ but there is a delay.

Assuming you are jailbroken go install fake clock up and you will understand what I am saying. Use it for a week and then try revert back to the the standard animation speed on the I phone. No need for a video just look at your phone :p
 
Assuming you are jailbroken go install fake clock up and you will understand what I am saying. Use it for a week and then try revert back to the the standard animation speed on the I phone. No need for a video just look at your phone :p

I'll check it out. I'll hate you if you're right.
 
Hope it's okay to post here but seeing as it is a Samsung Galaxy S3 thread... lol

Does anyone know where the cheapest pebble blue version can be bought? The marble white goes for R6999 but all pebble blues are almost R9000 that I have seen. No idea why there are different prices for the same phone.
 
Hope it's okay to post here but seeing as it is a Samsung Galaxy S3 thread... lol

Does anyone know where the cheapest pebble blue version can be bought? The marble white goes for R6999 but all pebble blues are almost R9000 that I have seen. No idea why there are different prices for the same phone.

Its really just supply and demand, the blue is in high demand hence the price, but I can't imagine for long. I think more of them will start trickling through.
 
My Samsung Galaxy S3 frequently loses its network cover. When I want to make a phone call, it says "not covered by network". And when I want to send an sms it says that the service is not available, the message will be sent as soon as the service becomes available again. I also can't receive any sms'es or phone calls. The only way to rectify this is to restart my phone, then I have complete coverage again.
 
My Samsung Galaxy S3 frequently loses its network cover. When I want to make a phone call, it says "not covered by network". And when I want to send an sms it says that the service is not available, the message will be sent as soon as the service becomes available again. I also can't receive any sms'es or phone calls. The only way to rectify this is to restart my phone, then I have complete coverage again.

Sounds like a dodgy sim to me.
 
My Samsung Galaxy S3 frequently loses its network cover. When I want to make a phone call, it says "not covered by network". And when I want to send an sms it says that the service is not available, the message will be sent as soon as the service becomes available again. I also can't receive any sms'es or phone calls. The only way to rectify this is to restart my phone, then I have complete coverage again.

You didn't by any chance cut your sim to a micro did you?
 
I have been checking my phone for updates but still says no update available. Was curious since other peeps had received an update a few weeks ago. Any ideas or help please?
 
I've NEVER used Android and got my phone the other day :/

How do I copy my pictures/music from my BB microSD card to the internal memory of the phone?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X