Samsung Galaxy S3

Does anyone notice that weather thing happening when you wake your phone?

Depending on the weather in your widget, it shines sun across the phone for example or flashes some stars if it's the evening and you can't open an app for a second or two. I thought it was a Beautiful Widgets thing, but it happens regardless of what widget you have, or even if you don't.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and how to switch it off? I'm on 4.1.2 Polish rom but I can't say if it was on my previous 4.1.1 UK rom as I never really noticed. Now it's bugging me crazy :mad:

Doesn't happen for me. Or at least not that I notice. Perhaps just having the app installed, without using the widget, makes it happen?
 
Doesn't happen for me. Or at least not that I notice. Perhaps just having the app installed, without using the widget, makes it happen?

Yeah, it looks like it came with an update to BW from a few days ago. Uninstalled it and it's gone. Strange that they don't have an option to switch it off (that I could see), but BW's aren't so beautiful anyway, no big loss.

Cheers for the input.
 
anyone else receive a firmware update yesterday?

currently running 4.1.1 on the I9305, downloaded and installed it last night..

not sure what the difference was..
 
anyone else receive a firmware update yesterday?

currently running 4.1.1 on the I9305, downloaded and installed it last night..

not sure what the difference was..

One of the differences that I love about Jelly Bean (4.1.1) is that they've incorporated one of the ideas that CyanogenMod introduced back in CM7: when your notification bar drops down, if you long-press the icons that normally toggle your wi-fi/gps/sound/bluetooth, etc it takes you directly to the settings menu for that option (e.g. if you tap the wi-fi icon it toggles wi-fi on/off, but if you long-press the wi-fi icon it takes you directly to the Wi-fi settings menu where you can select different wireless networks, etc)

Nifty.
 
nah thats the thing, i was already running 4.1.1, just the baseband version and the kernel number changed.

just have no idea how that actually affects me :confused:
 
You guys won't believe this. I was running the normal polish rom, and while here in Zambia I get an over the air upstate! On MTN Zambia, I am now running a version of 4.1.2. How the hell do I check what country version I have now?
 
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how do I exactly select an alternative route on the navigation.
When navigating there's the option to see alternative routes. I click on the alternative route then I go back, but it seems that the navigation software still be picks the original route.
 
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how do I exactly select an alternative route on the navigation.
When navigating there's the option to see alternative routes. I click on the alternative route then I go back, but it seems that the navigation software still be picks the original route.

Works for me. Hit the alternate route button, or the eta time on the left. Then alternate routes. Then select a route which gets highlighted, hit navigation button bottom left
 
Probably a really dumb question but does using gps navigation use data? Thought it did but a mate told me it doesn't.
 
Probably a really dumb question but does using gps navigation use data? Thought it did but a mate told me it doesn't.

Google Maps downloads data all the time, although the latest version has the option to cache maps to your device before your journey. If you use Navigon, all the maps are stored on your phone, saving data use some you travel.
 
Google Maps downloads data all the time, although the latest version has the option to cache maps to your device before your journey. If you use Navigon, all the maps are stored on your phone, saving data use some you travel.

Thanks Grumps ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X