Samsung Galaxy S3

One thing that drives me mad about this phone is the slow dialer :mad:

The other thing that pisses me off is it returns to the last screen you were on instead of the keypad. Is there a way to make it default to the keypad each time you open it?
 
The other thing that pisses me off is it returns to the last screen you were on instead of the keypad. Is there a way to make it default to the keypad each time you open it?

I wonder if there is a different dialer application that can be installed.
 
Multi-window? What did you expect?

Also customizable toggles in the notifications, camera new Low Light mode.

Still not major improvements, but then again, this is not a whole new version, just a stepping upgrade. I really wasn't expecting much. I would have thought that they would take hints from the developers of other launchers. Small things such as a scrollable dock would have been awesome. But we shall wait and see, perhaps in the next version of Android. :D
 
I tried out the low light option, it works pretty well.

Also, I used Odin to flash I9300XXELLA_I9300OXAELLA_BTU.zip (UK) and its working beautifully. I'm not convinced that the CSC needs to be for ZA for it to work.
 
I just installed it on my S3 with the black theme.... Nice.

Thanks

Without flashing a new ROM, is it possible to change the Icon to a normal Phone, like stock dialer, and the name? I don't want it to show exDialer as the label.

EDIT: I believe there is an app for this, but I forgot the name :o
 
Without flashing a new ROM, is it possible to change the Icon to a normal Phone, like stock dialer, and the name? I don't want it to show exDialer as the label.

EDIT: I believe there is an app for this, but I forgot the name :o

Yes, on stock 4.1.1.

The icon does not bother me. Looks like the stock one with "ex" small right below the little phone. The description under the icon says "Dialer"

Edit: I installed the dark theme. Better than the black theme IMO.
 
Without flashing a new ROM, is it possible to change the Icon to a normal Phone, like stock dialer, and the name? I don't want it to show exDialer as the label.

EDIT: I believe there is an app for this, but I forgot the name :o
You don't need to root or flash ROMs to change icons + icon names. You just need to replace the stock launcher with something better...
 
Yes, on stock 4.1.1.

The icon does not bother me. Looks like the stock one with "ex" small right below the little phone. The description under the icon says "Dialer"

Edit: I installed the dark theme. Better than the black theme IMO.

The EX really bothers me. I do not like the developer's 'branding' on any icons.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X