Smart outdoor security cameras in SA?

The Door

Honorary Master
Any experience or thoughts on the reolink duo cameras?

Somehow, doesn't appeal to me.
I like the idea of replacing two with one of those in some places, otherwise agree... Meh.

Thor

Honorary Master

How did shipping work, is that really Hikvision or a Chinese knock off?

Let me know how the testing go, very interested

Saba'a

Executive Member
Got one. Works perfectly.

Redundant since I've got a house size UPS and just added solar panels.
a4be5863f88caaa14e27b1bbfa00a6e9.jpg

Edit mine only 15/19 and up to 24V not 48V

Last edited:

Saba'a

Executive Member

FNfal

Executive Member
Got one. Works perfectly.

Redundant since I've got a house size UPS and just added solar panels.
a4be5863f88caaa14e27b1bbfa00a6e9.jpg

Edit mine only 15/19 and up to 24V not 48V
Old ones were like that but seems the new ones have 48V , according to the the specs. on DBG .

"

Multiple PoE Output Options, now with 48V​

The Micro UPS offers various voltages on it's PoE output port to power any of your devices. A selectable toggle can switch between 15V, 24V, or 48V. The newly included 48V PoE option can be used to power a VoIP phone, an IP camera, a Ubiquiti UniFi access point, a MikroTik cAP access point, or other 48V compatible devices."

Last edited:

FNfal

Executive Member
Shipping for cameras? My only issue with Aliexpress is the crazy shipping prices.
I agree the shipping prices are crazy but you cannot buy a Hikvision cam like that here especially a 4K cam , it is about 2K more .Price worked out to about R3400 .
Cam looks ligit and is working ok so far will try later to up date software then i will know for sure .

Last edited:

FNfal

Executive Member
How did shipping work, is that really Hikvision or a Chinese knock off?

Let me know how the testing go, very interested
Looks legit so far but will test it properly later and report .
Price worked out at about R3000 with shipping then had to pay duty ETC, of about R400.

furpile

Expert Member
Ordered more Reolink camera's this week, 2x 2-pack RLC510A's from the flash sale. Got the tracking yesterday and there are 2 tracking numbers, so it looks like each 2-pack was shipped on its own? Tracking is with 4px and not DHL though. Will see how long it takes to deliver.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Ordered more Reolink camera's this week, 2x 2-pack RLC510A's from the flash sale. Got the tracking yesterday and there are 2 tracking numbers, so it looks like each 2-pack was shipped on its own? Tracking is with 4px and not DHL though. Will see how long it takes to deliver.

My 4px still at customs since 4 April.

Reolink says no packages sent via DHL anymore. Not sure if true.

Told them to give one the option. Alternate is to use an AGS address to ship to SA via Aramex courier.

furpile

Expert Member
My 4px still at customs since 4 April.

Reolink says no packages sent via DHL anymore. Not sure if true.

Told them to give one the option. Alternate is to use an AGS address to ship to SA via Aramex courier.
That sucks. I am not in a rush to get these but also dont want to wait months either.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Has anybody had their cameras shipped by Reolink via DHL in 2022 (not prior years)?

Aramex package from Amazon arrived in SA Friday night and already cleared at 10am Saturday. Surely Reolink can improve their shipping.

But 4PX from Reolink has been at customs since 4 April 2022!

The Door

Honorary Master
Has anybody had their cameras shipped by Reolink via DHL in 2022 (not prior years)?

Aramex package from Amazon arrived in SA Friday night and already cleared at 10am Saturday. Surely Reolink can improve the shipping.

Mine arrived in Jan... Let me check order date.
Actually ordered 12 Oct and paid duties by 30 Oct ... DHL

Saba'a

Executive Member

Aramex package from Amazon arrived in SA Friday night and already cleared at 10am Saturday. Surely Reolink can improve their shipping.

Released from Customs 26 April.

Latest expected by 13 May.

furpile

Expert Member
Might be better to order from Amazon in future to be sure what the delivery time will be.

Juzz Wuzz

I've only bought from Amazon. Knowing it'll arrive, knowing the full cost and not waiting months is worth any cost increase over their website

airborne

Honorary Master
Old ones were like that but seems the new ones have 48V , according to the the specs. on DBG .

"

Multiple PoE Output Options, now with 48V​

The Micro UPS offers various voltages on it's PoE output port to power any of your devices. A selectable toggle can switch between 15V, 24V, or 48V. The newly included 48V PoE option can be used to power a VoIP phone, an IP camera, a Ubiquiti UniFi access point, a MikroTik cAP access point, or other 48V compatible devices."

How much are they?
Takealot has a house brand one that looks identical, was around R500 if I recall correctly