Telkom LTE help

Doom5003

So since a few weeks ago my speed on Telkom LTE has gone down the drain.
Used to be able to get 8MB dl easy, but now only getting 1MB dl, no matter the time of day.
Still getting full signal, and changing between 1800 en 2300 has no effect.
Even tried using sim in my phone, shows LTE+ and full signal but same slow speed, ping is the same though.

Now the funny thing, I have a Rain sim as well, and are experiencing the same problem. Same speed with full signal even in phone.
Using both versions of the B618

DiabloDane

Expert Member
So since a few weeks ago my speed on Telkom LTE has gone down the drain.
Used to be able to get 8MB dl easy, but now only getting 1MB dl, no matter the time of day.
Still getting full signal, and changing between 1800 en 2300 has no effect.
Even tried using sim in my phone, shows LTE+ and full signal but same slow speed, ping is the same though.

Now the funny thing, I have a Rain sim as well, and are experiencing the same problem. Same speed with full signal even in phone.
Using both versions of the B618
where about you from?

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Had the same issue for most of January. Logged a fault and managed to get Telkom to send a technician to the local towers. Seems to have solved my issue.

11Snowman11

Same issue for me. Since 1 January we do not receive above 3 Mbps. Telkom said there is nothing they can do and they even said there is no problem with the tower. Although I rarely connect to a different tower and then the speeds are back to normal on that tower. After this month I am done with Telkom.

carstensdj

Expert Member
My issues have been since last year already. Locked into a 24month contract and not getting what I'm paying for. Surely there's a way to get out of this contract with the CPA as Telkom is not giving me what I'm paying for but yet, I'm expected to uphold my side of the contract by paying them a monthly fee for a service that I'm not getting?

Doom5003

where about you from?
Upington Northern Cape. I'll see if I can get 'n fault logged and maybe get them to send someone to have a look. Just weird that I am experiencing this with both Telkom en Rain

Doom5003

Wil also drive around a bit and see if I can coonect to a different tower.

PaCiFieR

I am in East London and ever since Telkom ditch MTN I have not achieved more than 3Mbps download. Contract expires 22/02/2020. Cannot wait.

Oh right, cant cancel. *sigh*