The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

spargish

Only saw this thread now. Been posting in the LCHF/Banting thread, may as well join this one so here it goes.

- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 1,86m
- Method of Weightloss - Banting/low-carb/LCHF whatever else you would like to call it. Walking and weights
- Highest Weight Ever - Bet I'm the winner (reads loser) in this category 234.4kg end of Feb 2018
- Weight at sign-up - 169.2kg
- Goal Weight - 120kg, First goal when I started last year in January. Guess I'll rework this when I reach it.

Weigh-in for yesterday 168.6kg, so 600g down.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Only saw this thread now. Been posting in the LCHF/Banting thread, may as well join this one so here it goes.

- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 1,86m
- Method of Weightloss - Banting/low-carb/LCHF whatever else you would like to call it. Walking and weights
- Highest Weight Ever - Bet I'm the winner (reads loser) in this category 234.4kg end of Feb 2018
- Goal Weight - 120kg, First goal when I started last year in January. Guess I'll rework this when I reach it.

Dude that's a massive improvement already, its a journey. Well done on the progress so far and all the best on the way forward!

RogueAssassin

- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 1,86m

Excellent well done ... keep going

RedViking

Honorary Master

- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 1,86m

:eek::eek: Wow!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I'm hoping I can get there soon.. I have a closet full of shirts that I can no longer wear because they fit a bit too snugly around the midriff :/
Mine get too tight across pecs and shoulders... I also have a whole closet full of them, in sizes from xxl to m. I was not fitting in the xxls - scary.
I will get down to m.

PoppieChoffel

I'm hoping I can get there soon.. I have a closet full of shirts that I can no longer wear because they fit a bit too snugly around the midriff :/
I feel your pain... a few items I could wear pre December are no-go's right now.... Hopefully soon those and other's not worn in quite some time will be achievable :) Started IF today.... an hour and 20 minutes until I can eat..... I CAN DO THIS!

D3nz

Honorary Master
I feel your pain... a few items I could wear pre December are no-go's right now.... Hopefully soon those and other's not worn in quite some time will be achievable :) Started IF today.... an hour and 20 minutes until I can eat..... I CAN DO THIS!
You absolutely can! Tip for you with intermittent fasting... don't pay too much attention to the scale. Rather keep out some of those clothes that don't fit you and try them on at least once a week. You may find yourself losing inches with no change on the scale. I went from "you're looking great" to "you're getting too skinny. I can see your bones" :cautious: with the scale still showing the same weight.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You absolutely can! Tip for you with intermittent fasting... don't pay too much attention to the scale. Rather keep out some of those clothes that don't fit you and try them on at least once a week. You may find yourself losing inches with no change on the scale. I went from "you're looking great" to "you're getting too skinny. I can see your bones" :cautious: with the scale still showing the same weight.
This valuable advice is valid for ANY weight loss regime, not just IF. My LCHF progress is exactly the same.

Noisybottom

Nothing worse than being body shamed by your clothes, I have 2 pairs of chinos in my cupboard that I used to wear to work (a year and half ago) I try them on occasionally to test the fit, damn body shamed again! My goal is to fit them comfortably by Feb 7th. Let's see how it goes.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Nothing worse than being body shamed by your clothes, I have 2 pairs of chinos in my cupboard that I used to wear to work (a year and half ago) I try them on occasionally to test the fit, damn body shamed again! My goal is to fit them comfortably by Feb 7th. Let's see how it goes.
It's those calorie fairies. They sneak into your cupboards late at night and sew all your clothes a millimeter tighter at a time