The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Fcon_Vpro

Nothing worse than being body shamed by your clothes, I have 2 pairs of chinos in my cupboard that I used to wear to work (a year and half ago) I try them on occasionally to test the fit, damn body shamed again! My goal is to fit them comfortably by Feb 7th. Let's see how it goes.
Some might see it as clothing abuse :p
Ive been very guilty of it

dees909

Can I get on this band wagon as well? :)
- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 1,82m
- Method of Weightloss - Started LCHF 2 weeks ago with 3 to 4 gym visits a week. I've also started walking/jogging around the block on days I cannot visit the gym
- Highest Weight Ever - 110kg back in 2015
- Weight at sign-up - 106.8kg
- Goal Weight - 95kg

Weigh-in for Monday 103.4kg - so 3.4kg's down in 2 weeks.

RogueAssassin

I’ve come to the realisation that I’m an emotional eater. For the first time in over twelve weeks I crashed yesterday. Had a rough day and turned to food for comfort. Over 3000 calories of pure junk.

InvisibleJim

I’ve come to the realisation that I’m an emotional eater. For the first time in over twelve weeks I crashed yesterday. Had a rough day and turned to food for comfort. Over 3000 calories of pure junk.
We all make emotional decisions over food and have an off day now and then.

It's done. Don't worry about it. Put it behind you. You'll be good again tomorrow.

Falling off the wagon from time to time for many reasons is not a problem. We just have to make sure it's the exception not the rule.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member

It's done. Don't worry about it. Put it behind you. You'll be good again tomorrow.

Falling off the wagon from time to time for many reasons is not a problem. We just have to make sure it's the exception not the rule.
Agreed. Also, @RogueAssassin the fact that you're conscious of it is a large step in the right direction to potentially avoiding it in the future. :)

breadbox

Hope it is not too late for sign up! Here it goes:

- Male
- Height : 1.77m
- Method of Weightloss : Excercise + Healthy diet
- Highest Weight Ever : 97kg
- Weight at sign-up : 93kg
- Goal Weight : 75 - 80kg

Am more interested in getting healthier / fit. In more ways than one seeing as I don't fit in my cloths anymore.

Good luck guys. Will try take a photo once a week to record my results in a once off compilation. Why not make it interesting.

InvisibleJim

Hope it is not too late for sign up! Here it goes:

- Male
- Height : 1.77m
- Method of Weightloss : Excercise + Healthy diet
- Highest Weight Ever : 97kg
- Weight at sign-up : 93kg
- Goal Weight : 75 - 80kg

Am more interested in getting healthier / fit. In more ways than one seeing as I don't fit in my cloths anymore.

Good luck guys. Will try take a photo once a week to record my results in a once off compilation. Why not make it interesting.
Taking your "before" and progress photos is actually something I would recommend doing.

I didn't think to do so when I started my weightloss journey and you may well find you need to show how far you've come at some point in the future, either for your own motivation or hopefully that you will be an example or inspiration to others.

If you Google, there are plenty of pointers on how to take good before and after photos.

KingBel

Expert Member
Feeling really good today.. been on the 16:8 IF for the last few days.
Even though the scale does not reflect it, I feel lighter, my jeans feel a bit less tight.. my shirt feels more loose..

Woke an hour earlier than usual this morning.. instead of just lying in bed and trying to force that last 30-40 minutes of sleep, I got up, did a few exercises, listened to some music... Hoping I can keep it up.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
Feeling really good today.. been on the 16:8 IF for the last few days.
Even though the scale does not reflect it, I feel lighter, my jeans feel a bit less tight.. my shirt feels more loose..

Woke an hour earlier than usual this morning.. instead of just lying in bed and trying to force that last 30-40 minutes of sleep, I got up, did a few exercises, listened to some music... Hoping I can keep it up.
Awesome to hear! I'm on day two of 16:8 IF and pleasantly surprised at how today is so much easier for me than yesterday. Still had hunger pangs through the morning, but already feeling like this is manageable, and sustainable. I'm also happy that IF seems to be making me drink a lot more water (I'm a Fanta Zero / Stoney Zero addict) as anything sweetened is a no go during fasting period.

KingBel

Expert Member
Felt decidedly uneasy .. best described as a need to urinate while being dehydrated.. during a meeting earlier. Don’t think it has anything to do with the IF but possibly because I took a phedracut tablet this morning. Was very very strange.

dabean

Expert Member
Felt decidedly uneasy .. best described as a need to urinate while being dehydrated.. during a meeting earlier. Don’t think it has anything to do with the IF but possibly because I took a phedracut tablet this morning. Was very very strange.
Probably the phedracut. Haven’t had anything like that in the year I’ve been doing IF.

KingBel

Expert Member
Probably the phedracut. Haven’t had anything like that in the year I’ve been doing IF.
Yeah. Most likely the tablet. Weird though since I have been taking phedracut every morning for the last 3 days and only had issues today. Probably a combination of factors.

PoppieChoffel

Expert Member
I tried phedracut yeeeears ago and it didn't agree with me at all. If this persists, maybe stop taking it for a few days and see if you feel better?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Ate a lot of meat last few days so lounging around like a satisfied lion until it passes.

Man, Butcher boys California strip is awesome.

RogueAssassin

Thank you for the encouragement. Wrote off the past two days as exceptions and continued my intermittent fasting today.