The Official Cyanogenmod Thread

Hidden Attribute

Hi everyone.

I'm surprised this thread does not exist as yet, so I thought it well to create it.

Please feel free to post any Cyanogenmod-related content (queries/ information/ other) here, regardless of the device used.

Hidden Attribute

To get things started: does anyone know how to disabled the broadcast messages on CM 10.2? This seems to be provider specific, and disabling the broadcast options under the message settings does not seem to resolve the issue...

powermzii

Expert Member
I recently discovered this app CyanDelta. Previously i would download the ENTIRE CM nightly whenever i wanted to upgrade (+/- 150MB) but this app has totally changed that. It checks periodically for updates and only downloads the changed / updated components. So now instead of upgrading once or twice a month i am able to do so every few days as each update is between 5 and 20MB depending on the size of the update. Can't believe i survived so long without it

--cross posted from S2 thread

DJ...

Banned
I had the same cell broadcast issues on CM. Turns out you have to disable it in messaging settings as well, from the messaging app...

Hidden Attribute

I recently discovered this app CyanDelta. Previously i would download the ENTIRE CM nightly whenever i wanted to upgrade (+/- 150MB) but this app has totally changed that. It checks periodically for updates and only downloads the changed / updated components. So now instead of upgrading once or twice a month i am able to do so every few days as each update is between 5 and 20MB depending on the size of the update. Can't believe i survived so long without it

--cross posted from S2 thread

This application is great! Highly recommended. Used it yesterday, thanks again powermzii.

Hidden Attribute

Hidden Attribute

Why freeze it though? Why not just disable by default in the messaging app which is where the actual setting to switch it off lies?

Menu -> Messaging -> Mobile Broadcasts -> Settings with all settings disabled does not resolve the issue. As soon as you jump towers, broadcasts are spammed.

Menu -> Settings -> More... -> Mobile Broadcasts with all settings disabled has the same result.

Hidden Attribute

Why freeze it though? Why not just disable by default in the messaging app which is where the actual setting to switch it off lies?

Menu -> Messaging -> Mobile Broadcasts -> Settings with all settings disabled does not resolve the issue. As soon as you jump towers, broadcasts are spammed.

Menu -> Settings -> More... -> Mobile Broadcasts with all settings disabled has the same result.

DJ...

Banned
I reverted to stock 4.1.2 and it's menu, settings, cell broadcast. Worked for me the last time I ran Cm10.1...

The Thug

I'm running Temasek's version of CM10.2 on my S3 together with his custom kernel.

Battery life is great. Current stats are:

35% remaining
1d 5h 7m on battery
Screen on 1hr 48min

MyWorld

Executive Member
I'm running Temasek's version of CM10.2 on my S3 together with his custom kernel.

Battery life is great. Current stats are:

35% remaining
1d 5h 7m on battery
Screen on 1hr 48min
I have not done any official testing, but it seems battery life is better for me on CM 10.2. That being said I have not used the phone much lately. Nobody calls me any more, forever alone...
:(

Hidden Attribute

After installing Cyanogenmod 10.2 on your device, what are first settings you guys configure to improve battery life?
Also, how long does your battery last?

MyWorld

Executive Member
I change nothing, just leave it as is. I'll have to benchmark my battery life at some stage, it feels like I get better battery life, but that can just be all in the mind.