The Official Cyanogenmod Thread

genetic

Honorary Master

OMB

Mountain Man
I installed a 12.1 nightly last week, telling me I've got updates which are obviously more nightlys. If I install these will I lose my set up and apps?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Not sure but I get a damn update every 2 days. Got 12.4 yesterday. CM really does a number on my battery though and I'm thinking of reverting back to stock rather.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Question for you guys,
What's the latest cm I can load on my phone?

I have cm 7 and the radio dosent give audio
I'm on a galaxy pocket

Saw there was cm11 released recently, but not sure if it will make any diffrence.

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
Question for you guys,
What's the latest cm I can load on my phone?

I have cm 7 and the radio dosent give audio
I'm on a galaxy pocket

Saw there was cm11 released recently, but not sure if it will make any diffrence.

CM12

12.4 was released a couple of days ago.

Necropolis

Executive Member
Any news on CM for the s6?

CyanogenMod offers the best Droid experience in my opinion.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Installed CM12.1 grouper on my Nexus 2012 wifi - works quite well.

However, when you open a folder (where two or more icons are grouped) the screen dims a bit to show the folder's opened, but nothing happens.

Single icons works well.

There's also one or two other things that niggles a bit - for example the cLock widget doesn't show its settings under 12.1, but under 11 you can adjust its settings.

I fell back to CM11.x for now. CM12.1 looks good though - you can use the themes from CM11 without any problems or issues.

Will try CM12.1 in a month's time again.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Will it work on a low spec phone like mine?
Also links to download?

Hopefully the radio works this time.....

TBH the Pocket have an 800MHz CPU. My Galaxy S have an 1200MHz CPU.

CM11 runs okay, but I have to set the CPU to max (overclocking) for any real benefits. YMMV though, since my Samsung S is EOL and is exhibiting weird issues.

If you can find the original (stock) ROM, then go ahead and flash CM11 (or CM12) on your Pocket Plus. If it doesn't work for you, you can always revert back to the original (stock) ROM via Kies (or any other method). Just keep in mind you WILL LOSE all your saved data/contacts/SMS'es etc.... unless you back it up first.

eg2505

Honorary Master
TBH the Pocket have an 800MHz CPU. My Galaxy S have an 1200MHz CPU.

CM11 runs okay, but I have to set the CPU to max (overclocking) for any real benefits. YMMV though, since my Samsung S is EOL and is exhibiting weird issues.

If you can find the original (stock) ROM, then go ahead and flash CM11 (or CM12) on your Pocket Plus. If it doesn't work for you, you can always revert back to the original (stock) ROM via Kies (or any other method). Just keep in mind you WILL LOSE all your saved data/contacts/SMS'es etc.... unless you back it up first.

Currently on cm7.2 kitkat experience
Stock rom crashes my phone constantly,

Tried the other day to load darkorbit rom, not sure what version that was even....
Didn't work, not sure if something must be done first before rom is loaded.....

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Currently on cm7.2 kitkat experience
Stock rom crashes my phone constantly,

Tried the other day to load darkorbit rom, not sure what version that was even....
Didn't work, not sure if something must be done first before rom is loaded.....

Did you install a recovery mod like clockworkmod first?

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Galaxy S phone (S-GT i9000) is starting to give more and more issues. I think it is on its way out. :( Battery, for one, is starting to exhibit funnies.

Despite its niggles and irritations, I'm sort of satisfied with it. Could be better, then again, it could have been worse...

Spotja

Galaxy S phone (S-GT i9000) is starting to give more and more issues. I think it is on its way out. :( Battery, for one, is starting to exhibit funnies.

Despite its niggles and irritations, I'm sort of satisfied with it. Could be better, then again, it could have been worse...

Bought my lil bro a second hand one a few weeks back. No battery issues, just random reboots. I flashed the latest CM11 nightly

eg2505

Honorary Master
Did you install a recovery mod like clockworkmod first?

Yeah, even tried flashing to stock first,
And then trying again

Got an error like this,
E:/can't unload sd card not enough space

Posted on xda Dev no response yet,

Also wanted to ask,
Is it possible to mash up diffrent parts of ROMS?

My current rom FM radio don't work
But another rom I tried has a skinned and working radio
Possible to put the 2 together?