The Official Cyanogenmod Thread

Hidden Attribute

I change nothing, just leave it as is. I'll have to benchmark my battery life at some stage, it feels like I get better battery life, but that can just be all in the mind.

I have better battery life on CM 10.2 than CM 10.1 that is for sure. But I definitely had better battery life on stock Samsung ICS.
Still, with CM 10.2 the device does last me a day on average usage...

Hidden Attribute

Anyone have issues with mobile connectivity on CM 10.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S II i9100?
The icon shows 3G connectivity, but is greyed out on some occasions - during which of course one cannot make or receive calls, SMSs, or use data. Anyone else experiencing this?

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Anyone have issues with mobile connectivity on CM 10.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S II i9100?
The icon shows 3G connectivity, but is greyed out on some occasions - during which of course one cannot make or receive calls, SMSs, or use data. Anyone else experiencing this?

Grey bars just mean that you are not connected to Google's servers. You still have connectivity, hence the 3G icon.

saor

Honorary Master
I've had the odd occasion where data seems to switch off and emails / whatsapp don't sync unless I reboot. Only happened 3 or 4 times in the past two weeks I've had 10.2 installed.

Hidden Attribute

I've had the odd occasion where data seems to switch off and emails / whatsapp don't sync unless I reboot. Only happened 3 or 4 times in the past two weeks I've had 10.2 installed.

Jip, this sounds exactly like what I am experiencing.

saor

Honorary Master
Updating CM via the built-in update option: Does that just download a new package and re-flash leaving you with a clean slate upon re-boot? I'm currently on CM 10.2-20130819 and it's quite stable so don't really feel like going through the whole 're-install everything again' process again just for another nightly build. I downloaded CyanDelta but it doesn't see the latest nightly / requires that I download the full .zip ROM package again.

powermzii

Expert Member
Updating CM via the built-in update option: Does that just download a new package and re-flash leaving you with a clean slate upon re-boot? I'm currently on CM 10.2-20130819 and it's quite stable so don't really feel like going through the whole 're-install everything again' process again just for another nightly build. I downloaded CyanDelta but it doesn't see the latest nightly / requires that I download the full .zip ROM package again.

it keeps your apps and settings as is if you use the CMUpdater or CyanDelta, you wont have to re-setup everything. However, the CM Updater downloads the full package (+/- 200MB) whereas CyanDelta only gets the changed portion.

Did you delete the CM 10.2-20130819 after you flashed it? When i installed CyanDelta it asked me to point to the last nightly i had downloaded and i pointed it to the CMUpdater folder - it worked fine after that

MyWorld

Executive Member

You should have never flashed CM10.2 to start with and rather stayed on CM10.1 stable. The nightlies are experimental releases, there is bound to be a hiccup here and there since it is an Alpha release, not even Beta, wait, it isn't a Alpha even, it is a NIGHTLY release.
:D

On the CM forums people refuse to help you if your nightly is a couple of days old, there is so much changes between some nightlies that it is understandable why they refuse to help outdated nightlies.
Regarding it being stable. Apart from the 26 update that went bonkers, why not flash the latest again? I have had no troubles on the 27 and 28 nightly.

saor

Honorary Master
Regarding it being stable. Apart from the 26 update that went bonkers, why not flash the latest again? I have had no troubles on the 27 and 28 nightly.
Just updated to the latest 10.2 via CM built-in updater & all went well. Felt a bit safer downloading the full package instead of using CyanDelta :).

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I'm using 10.2 nightlies, I update each day basically. So far I have had no major issues, battery is the same for me as 10.1. Anyone know how to make Focal the default cam?

MyWorld

Executive Member
Just remember that after the 26 update you should not use CyanDelta to flash 27 or 28. You'll get an error on flash that the update could not be read and the phone reboots automatically. If you did not catch the error you will be under the impression that the update went well, when in fact it failed. Nothing is borked, it just remains on 26.

Just reboot into recovery from the phone UI and flash the latest ROM that CyanDelta compile manually.

To check you current installed version:
System Settings -> About Phone -> CyanogenMod version

Maverick Jester

The Special One
I'm using 10.2 nightlies, I update each day basically. So far I have had no major issues, battery is the same for me as 10.1. Anyone know how to make Focal the default cam?

Was going to suggest renaming the Focal camera to match the Android camera name, and replacing the .apk in /system/app, but I can't locate the camera .apk in that folder. Not sure if it is combined with the gallery .apk...

How stable is Focal currently?

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Was going to suggest renaming the Focal camera to match the Android camera name, and replacing the .apk in /system/app, but I can't locate the camera .apk in that folder. Not sure if it is combined with the gallery .apk...

How stable is Focal currently?

It has its moments... hits a freeze now and then or a forced close...

Hidden Attribute

Anyone having excessive battery drain from Google Services on CM 10.1 RC1? I'm sitting on 41% usage right now.

saor

Honorary Master
What's the average time from nightly builds to rc/stable? I'm actually quite happy with the 10.2.xxxx nightly so far on my S2 gt-I9100, but was just curious how long the process takes.

MyWorld

Executive Member
That probably depends on bug reports, feature implementations and the community reporting the ROM as stable.