The official running thread™

nice going :D

been raining a little here, hoping the park run wont be mud tomorrow.
 
Was slower again at ParkRun this morning, couldn't keep up pace, started doing intervals at around 3km mark. finished at around 30m:10s (they held a tablet with a timer at the finish, so still waiting for official results).
Calves are shot, can barely walk.
 

I went for my first "run" this morning and I'm embarrassed to say I only ran a third of the distance I imagined I would. :D

"Ran" for 12 mins (30s walk and 30s run as suggested by @Jehosefat ) and my legs had that acid build up feeling.

I am very unfit, a couch potato with a lot of fat blobbing around. So my muscles are weak, I couldn't extend them enough to take larger strides during the run part. I hope if I do this every morning, after a while my muscles will get stretched and strengthened enough to increase my distance.

Not tired at all though, just my legs felt on fire. Tomorrow again it is! :)
 
Was slower again at ParkRun this morning, couldn't keep up pace, started doing intervals at around 3km mark. finished at around 30m:10s (they held a tablet with a timer at the finish, so still waiting for official results).
Calves are shot, can barely walk.

great time though :D tomorrow your calves will be dead xD
 
I went for my first "run" this morning and I'm embarrassed to say I only ran a third of the distance I imagined I would. :D

"Ran" for 12 mins (30s walk and 30s run as suggested by @Jehosefat ) and my legs had that acid build up feeling.

I am very unfit, a couch potato with a lot of fat blobbing around. So my muscles are weak, I couldn't extend them enough to take larger strides during the run part. I hope if I do this every morning, after a while my muscles will get stretched and strengthened enough to increase my distance.

Not tired at all though, just my legs felt on fire. Tomorrow again it is! :)

yeah its crazy how you think you can do so much more than you mentally and physically can, that said though, in 2 weeks you will wonder how you did so little now just keep going :D
 
5km @ 29.20 today :D only walked 2 very short bits, kept a moderate pace the rest.
 
I'm enjoying listening to this interesting interview with Kerrie Bruxort:
1455920732555


https://calendar.ultrarunning.com/runner/show?first_name=Kerrie&last_name=Bruxvoort

Still working on my right foot but I'm almost back to a normal wear pattern. Getting the arch back too, it's only a centimeter longer than my left foot now (from about twice that). It almost looks like my pre-op foot again lol (as someone who's a bit into feet it's always bugged me).

I think I'll start running in a few months.
It is great interview with Kerrie Bruxo
 
I went for my first "run" this morning and I'm embarrassed to say I only ran a third of the distance I imagined I would. :D

"Ran" for 12 mins (30s walk and 30s run as suggested by @Jehosefat ) and my legs had that acid build up feeling.

I am very unfit, a couch potato with a lot of fat blobbing around. So my muscles are weak, I couldn't extend them enough to take larger strides during the run part. I hope if I do this every morning, after a while my muscles will get stretched and strengthened enough to increase my distance.

Not tired at all though, just my legs felt on fire. Tomorrow again it is! :)

Don't worry about your first run, mine was also pathetic. I did just over 1k walking for a minute, my muscles and so on can more than cope, its the support systems letting me down mostly my lungs. Was coughing heavily afterwards.

But keep at it and it'll get better and better, you'll also feel a significant improvement mentally and emotionally for some reason if you keep it up.
Screenshot_2019-04-16-18-37-50.png
 
Well done to all the Two Oceans half and ultra marathon runners! Was out there supporting you at 7am!
 
5km @ 29.20 today :D only walked 2 very short bits, kept a moderate pace the rest.
Great run! Was it muddy?

Ive done the Atlasville parkrun a few times. Normally I cycle with the team and if Im back on time Ill run from Elridge to the parkrun and then back to Elridge.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X