Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

Yep. Even with me I haven't had more than the occasional lag-spike since I last complained. Still annoying but one spike every few hours is tolerable. Still hoping it goes away completely but I think that's just optimism.

Still completely happy with WebAfrica otherwise :)
 
Hi. Is it better to have your ADSL line with Telkom or transfer it to WA? I see WA's line rental is cheaper.
 
WA is cheaper but I think that the cheaper price comes with the condition that you use them as your ISP. Which is not all that desirable.
 
Well since this past week, i had no issues at all. the account is now performing as I expected it should. I hope it stays this way. and well done and thank you for all your Honest feedback on the matter.
 
Well since this past week, i had no issues at all. the account is now performing as I expected it should. I hope it stays this way. and well done and thank you for all your Honest feedback on the matter.
It may be prudent for prospective new customers to wait a month to see if this capacity problem recurs.
 
It may be prudent for prospective new customers to wait a month to see if this capacity problem recurs.

Doubt it will. The capacity was a mis-calculation on our end with the launch. The rest of the capacity increases are no gauged on what we have on record - giving us a much better picture on what the take up will be and how much more capacity we'll need.
 
Is it possible to get my line transfered from telkom, downgraded to 1meg and services running by 1st of Jan?
Cancelled my data with telkom (last day 31 Dec).
 
Doubt it will. The capacity was a mis-calculation on our end with the launch. The rest of the capacity increases are no gauged on what we have on record - giving us a much better picture on what the take up will be and how much more capacity we'll need.

Jeff at last you gives keep your promises like you said about your upgrades and not like some fake, false advertising like Mweb. the baschers/fanbois/fence sitters are waiting for something to get at Webafrica.
 
Is it possible to get my line transfered from telkom, downgraded to 1meg and services running by 1st of Jan?
Cancelled my data with telkom (last day 31 Dec).

Could be a close call for 1st Jan. Also, Telkom are under-going their freeze period from today until the 2nd Jan :(
We can have your data running, and transfer your line at a later stage if you prefer?
 
Is it possible to get my line transfered from telkom, downgraded to 1meg and services running by 1st of Jan?
Cancelled my data with telkom (last day 31 Dec).

I had my line as 384k on my Telkom bill, asked WA to move it to them and upgrade to 4mbit, and they dealt with all of that without me needing to contact Telkom at all. So don't cancel the line part, but ask WA to move it to them for you.
 
WA is cheaper but I think that the cheaper price comes with the condition that you use them as your ISP. Which is not all that desirable.
Thats not correct Loopin, you can still connect to any ISP you want if your line is with us :)
 
Could be a close call for 1st Jan. Also, Telkom are under-going their freeze period from today until the 2nd Jan
We can have your data running, and transfer your line at a later stage if you prefer?

So must I ask telkom to downgrade my line to 1meg so long and get the account from you guys or can i just apply for the all inclusive?I do not want to pay for 8meg line if I can only dl at 1meg. What would be my best option?
 
Thats not correct Loopin, you can still connect to any ISP you want if your line is with us :)

What I meant was you can't sign up for the ADSL line without signing up for a data product. Which is where my concern comes in: what happens when / if you no longer want to use WA as your ISP (but wish to keep your line with them)?
 
Last edited:
under services, it give me the option to buy adsl line at full price though, so yes you can add adsl line without data but its full price.

i went to my account then add service, then drop down menu's.
 
I transferred my line after purchasing my uncapped home - to get the discount price you need to request one of the support staff add it to your account - this is what I had to do at least.

PS: 4MB uncapped still going well - no complaints.
 
Once throttled speeds go down to around 220KBps (at the moment), which is not bad. Still happy.
 
Very impressed with the service at the moment WA, a rough start but it's running perfectly now. Well done :)
 
Going well on my side.

News servers are 100%.
Filehosting sites are about 75%. I get about 70KB/s on my 1Mbps line. I suppose thats the best WA can do.
 
mmm... My Download Plus hours are contributing to my 7 day usage. thought that download Plus hours did not contribute to any usage tracking.
 
Awesome to see the positive feedback flowing Joker & DeadPool :)

@MightyMuffinMan: Strange, this shouldn't be happening. Please PM me with your client code and I'll check this out on my end. Download Plus hours definitely do not contribute to your thresholds.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X