Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

To all you guys who have been on other isp's

How does WA's latency local and international compare to the likes of mweb, openweb and afrihost?

International latency (when it doesn't spike) is absolutely perfect. You'll be hard-pressed to find better. I get a stable 220ms in Old Republic (between 200-250ms).

Haven't had an issue with local latency but don't really game locally so I can't comment on that.
 
International latency (when it doesn't spike) is absolutely perfect. You'll be hard-pressed to find better. I get a stable 220ms in Old Republic (between 200-250ms).

Haven't had an issue with local latency but don't really game locally so I can't comment on that.

Did you get the pm I sent you ?

If you don't want to reply, then it's fine, but thought you would've replied by now.
 
Did you get the pm I sent you ?

If you don't want to reply, then it's fine, but thought you would've replied by now.

Eek!

I'm so, so, so, so, so, so sorry!

I saw it but totally for got about it and then other people PMed and I assumed I'd responded and.. I"M SO SORRY! :o
 
Anyone else been debited 2 months?
I just had R558 deducted from my account. Phoned WebAfrica and was told that it was for Jan and Dec. The consultant said I can query it with the billing people but they not there at the moment so he will ask them to phone me tomorrow.
:(
 
stop start, maybe a different steam server ?
 
Well, I'm a bit disappointed today. A few days ago I downloaded a game on Steam (about 8GB) what with it being the sale, during the day. Naturally, I was throttled (in fact, did it mostly to finally see what throttling is actually like. It was completely bearable and downloads continued at 350kb/s (as opposed to 425kB/s out of throttle). No big deal and more than satisfactory.

At 05:00 this morning, I decided to start downloading LA Noire ($12.50 on Steam, who can resist, amirite?). Around 14GB, should take about 7-8 hours to download. No problem.

Unfortunately, that was 13 hours ago:

SteamTrtl.jpg


It downloaded perfectly find out of throttle, but as you can clearly see, it's not exactly doing well.

Skype, online gaming, etc all fine. No issues there. My Steam download? Totally buggered.

Also, it says "30-minutes remaining." It has said that for the last four hours. Notice the long pauses where NOTHING downloads.

Wonder if this has something to do with it being the first? Or is this just my luck today? :p
 
Well, I'm a bit disappointed today. A few days ago I downloaded a game on Steam (about 8GB) what with it being the sale, during the day. Naturally, I was throttled (in fact, did it mostly to finally see what throttling is actually like. It was completely bearable and downloads continued at 350kb/s (as opposed to 425kB/s out of throttle). No big deal and more than satisfactory.

At 05:00 this morning, I decided to start downloading LA Noire ($12.50 on Steam, who can resist, amirite?). Around 14GB, should take about 7-8 hours to download. No problem.

Unfortunately, that was 13 hours ago:

SteamTrtl.jpg


It downloaded perfectly find out of throttle, but as you can clearly see, it's not exactly doing well.

Skype, online gaming, etc all fine. No issues there. My Steam download? Totally buggered.

Also, it says "30-minutes remaining." It has said that for the last four hours. Notice the long pauses where NOTHING downloads.

Wonder if this has something to do with it being the first? Or is this just my luck today? :p

Sure it's not a steam problem? Try restart steam

Sent from a Galaxy SII far far away via Tapatalk
 
Anyone else been debited 2 months?
I just had R558 deducted from my account. Phoned WebAfrica and was told that it was for Jan and Dec. The consultant said I can query it with the billing people but they not there at the moment so he will ask them to phone me tomorrow.
:(

Webafrica bill in advance like most isp's

Sent from a Galaxy SII far far away via Tapatalk
 
Damnit. You ninjaed me!

I've tried it after taking the screenie (wanted it to be shown that it wasn't disconnected, interrupted or whatever since the time I started). No difference.
Meh, you could try the "all in one fix" though that might also do nothing. Close steam completely, make sure it's not running and then remove the clientregistry.blob in your steam directory. Start up, wait while and see if it changes.
 
Meh, you could try the "all in one fix" though that might also do nothing. Close steam completely, make sure it's not running and then remove the clientregistry.blob in your steam directory. Start up, wait while and see if it changes.

SteamTrtl02.jpg


Same story.

*shrug*

Edit: It's no longer pausing but it won't download faster than 150kB/s -.-'

Edit 2: And about 12-minutes after the last edit, it's back to the pauses... 0kB/s FTFW.
 
Last edited:
I am having the same problem downloading the same game.
I am on a 10MB line and it's downloading @ 150kb/s atm.

Here is what I am thinking the problem might be:
Seeing that Steam had this massive specials the last week or so, I think that alot of people bought alot of the specials.
So seeing that today is the new month, everybody are busy downloading it, might be that their cap was finished or they didn't have enough left to download it at the end of December.

So basically I believe that the Steam servers are just overloaded, cause 2 days ago I was downloading from Steam at 900 kb/s.

I might be wrong, but that is what I think is the problem.
 
I am having the same problem downloading the same game.
I am on a 10MB line and it's downloading @ 150kb/s atm.

Here is what I am thinking the problem might be:
Seeing that Steam had this massive specials the last week or so, I think that alot of people bought alot of the specials.
So seeing that today is the new month, everybody are busy downloading it, might be that their cap was finished or they didn't have enough left to download it at the end of December.

So basically I believe that the Steam servers are just overloaded, cause 2 days ago I was downloading from Steam at 900 kb/s.

I might be wrong, but that is what I think is the problem.

It's very possible. Everything else is flying :)

Thanks for at least letting me know that I'm not alone with this problem.

Fortunately it finished downloading about 10-minutes ago... :D
 
It's very possible. Everything else is flying :)

Thanks for at least letting me know that I'm not alone with this problem.

Fortunately it finished downloading about 10-minutes ago... :D

Lucky bastordes, I am currently on 3.6 gb dl.
I bought the game for myself and gifted it to one of my friends and his dl is also crawling.
 
Webafrica bill in advance like most isp's

Sent from a Galaxy SII far far away via Tapatalk

Then I should have been billed at the beginning of December for December and at the beginning of January for January.
Not billed for Dec & Jan together at once.
 
Then I should have been billed at the beginning of December for December and at the beginning of January for January.
Not billed for Dec & Jan together at once.

You were likely not billed for December, hence being billed for both December and January at the beginning of January. It's not really all that uncommon.

Unless you were billed for December and billed twice again in January.

I pay with my credit card, so it went off instantly when I signed up and went off again on the first. In other words, I pay in advance. Point being that you, from now, do too.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X