Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

You were likely not billed for December, hence being billed for both December and January at the beginning of January. It's not really all that uncommon.

Unless you were billed for December and billed twice again in January.

I pay with my credit card, so it went off instantly when I signed up and went off again on the first. In other words, I pay in advance. Point being that you, from now, do too.

I don't like this. Can I pay at the end of the month via cash deposit rather?
 
hmmm seems the dl+ times is still wonky , like today i only pulled 400mb-900mb a hour, on none dl+ times i get 1gb+ a hour , but not a major problem :)
 
Anyone else been debited 2 months?
I just had R558 deducted from my account. Phoned WebAfrica and was told that it was for Jan and Dec. The consultant said I can query it with the billing people but they not there at the moment so he will ask them to phone me tomorrow.
:(

Got your PM, I'll follow up on this for you ASAP.
 
Changed to WA uncapped from Mweb as I have always preferred WA's service. DLing is slightly faster than Mweb and more consistent anytime during the day. I get about 420-450KB/s even while I was throttled. People are on holiday though so im sure the network is quiet so will have to assess again in a few weeks but for now, I'm very happy I changed
 
ya changed from mweb as well, nice speeds, i wont post how much i did yesterday, maybe they will ban me :P
 
Hmm, so this is my third day on Web Africa 384 Uncapped and I must say that I'm loving it. Download speeds are great compared to my last isp.

I only have one question though. As seen in the picture attached below, I have been using the account since the 1st and so far it has all been included in Freezone. Yes, most of my downloads have been for Steam and during download+ hours, but I have still downloaded and used the internet for non-Freezone usage, however this is not reflected. Obviously I am happy for it to continue this way, however I am just concerned that maybe the Usage Summary is not reflecting correctly and one day I might suddenly get shaped without warning? At first I thought maybe weekends and public holidays were included in download+, but now that it is no longer a public holiday or weekend today, it is still the same. Am I the only one experiencing this?

wa_uncapped.jpg
 
eish just got a email with the bill.

Home ADSL Uncapped 4Mbps: "removed" (05 Dec 2011 - 31 Dec 2011)

i only started using in jan :/
 
eish just got a email with the bill.

Home ADSL Uncapped 4Mbps: "removed" (05 Dec 2011 - 31 Dec 2011)

i only started using in jan :/

Strange...
Can you drop me a PM with your details so I can have a look at this for you.
 
Been on 10mbps uncapped since 20 Dec, and can only praise the connection. Speeds are great, even when throttled.
One request: please add a favicon.ico to the DSL Console (usage) page, the default icon looks rubbish on my toolbar :p
 
Yeah same here. I get great latency in LoL (sub 200ms) and also SWTOR (sub 200ms) I've had the odd spike here and there whne it jumps to about 350ms but otherwise im happy. Thanks Jeff and WA for the great product. Been using it since December and cant complain.
 
A bit of praise to start the new year!

My 4meg line only syncing at 2-2.5meg ...... resolved

Currently downloading at an average of around 340Kb/s

Thanks WA for a nice start to 2012. :)
 
Me again...

This is what happens the moment I log into the game:
On WebAfrica:
WALag.jpg


On Afrihost:
AfrihostTOR.jpg


I've tried rebooting the router, the WA issue remains. Switched to Afrhost and not a problem. Switch back to WA, problem is there again. Switch back to Afrihost and ta-dah... Not an issue.

The moment I log in that's it. That number just goes higher and higher and higher. Cannot move, cannot do squat. Everything is frozen.

I'm not throttled. This is also during DL+ hours. Have opened a ticket...

Please investigate.
 
65k ms o.0

can you play in non dl+ hours?

normally the internet runs better then , though last night my dl+ was full speed :)
 
Okay so switched over from another ISP to Webafrica 4mb/s uncapped this month.

So far so good, I watch alot of streams on twitch.tv following my favourite pro-gamers. I can watch without lag now, previously even with using my FNB unshaped pre-paid account I'd get some lag. So far I'm impressed with not getting throttled unnecessarily as well, I dloaded DC Universe Online (It's free on Steam now) and with updates it was like 22 gigs. Surprisingly I could still watch my streams afterwards (I usually watch in the evenings after 6pm).

So I'm just very happy about the consistently good speeds I am getting and the fact that they don't just throttle me when it isn't necessary.

Support has been quick to help and there's always a cute sounding Cape-Townian chick on the other end which is a bonus :D

All in all my experience has been great and I must say Web Africa has proven to be better than other ISP's I've used in the past.
 
I too noticed in DL+ hours that streaming is impossible lately. normal hours it fine.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X